Edge wants out of Indy

Vols16Colts18

Edge does'nt want to be "franchised" and wants traded to Miami. The talk around here is a sign and trade to Miami for Pat Surtain and Travis Minor.

I wouldn't mind him leaving. Then they could pick up Travis Henry and some better defensive players.

Well, that'd be a bummer to see him go out, but it would also clear up some salary room for a defensive stud or two.

As much as I'd love to see Travis in Indy, we've got Rhodes. We need help on the other side of the ball!

As long as Peyton is around, there will be an at least decent passing game to fall back on. Indy's defense is simply lacking in talent. They need new LB's, new DB's and a new line.

Wow they could really use a guy like Surtain.

They should try to get Jason Taylor instead of Minor. :lol:

Hey I can dream can't I?

Maybe they could have Pearless, he did not do much for the last 2 years in helping Vick out, not that Vick can throw the ball!

bring on Cheese and some defense. Go Colts!

Attachments

• Peyton_Manning_Banner.gif
    Peyton_Manning_Banner.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 31, 2005 8:44 PM
As long as Peyton is around, there will be an at least decent passing game to fall back on. Indy's defense is simply lacking in talent. They need new LB's, new DB's and a new line.

Decent? If you are not being sarcastic, then I vote for that being the understatement of the year. :lol:

I meant even if you paired up Peyton with the worst WR's in the league. You get at least two or three competent ones out there, and Peyton is golden.

Travis Henry in Indy that would be great..
Rhodes is not the back Henry is

Attachments

• PM2.gif
    PM2.gif
    38.6 KB · Views: 0
I say sign him then trade him to Miami for Travis Henry and some defense or draft picks.

I've always thought Edge's commitment to the team was somewhat less than what Harrison or the other WR's have been.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Feb 6, 2005 11:00 PM
I've always thought Edge's commitment to the team was somewhat less than what Harrison or the other WR's have been.

Whats makes you say that? Yea maybe his rookie year when he wanted to train in Miami but after he has been in Indy!! Edge works hard and can you blame a guy for not wanting to get franchised!!

Look at what Marvin just got! Peyton 2! But oh yea Edge wont get that in Indy but if he goes elsewhere he can! So can you blame him for wanting more money and not wanting to be franchised?

you just encouraged someone to go for the money over a chance to win the championship? Miami has way too many question marks and indianapolis is one of the best teams int he league.......never should a player want so much that it gets in his way of a title......including peyton and marvin

Originally posted by Vols4life+Feb 7, 2005 5:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vols4life @ Feb 7, 2005 5:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JohnsonCityVol@Feb 6, 2005 11:00 PM
I&#39;ve always thought Edge&#39;s commitment to the team was somewhat less than what Harrison or the other WR&#39;s have been.

Whats makes you say that? Yea maybe his rookie year when he wanted to train in Miami but after he has been in Indy&#33;&#33; Edge works hard and can you blame a guy for not wanting to get franchised&#33;&#33;

Look at what Marvin just got&#33; Peyton 2&#33; But oh yea Edge wont get that in Indy but if he goes elsewhere he can&#33; So can you blame him for wanting more money and not wanting to be franchised? [/quote]
I know what you&#39;re saying, and if I were Peyton I&#39;d be redoing my contract to get some money to the defense because all they have there are Dwight Freeney and Mike Doss. The Colts need a shutdown CB in the worst way, and a playmaking LB almost as bad.

The reason I say that about Edge is that there&#39;s a lot of times that he approaches the hole with blinders on at half speed. If he were alert and moving quicker he could see a cutback lane developing right next to him. He also doesn&#39;t like to go through the unofficial practices with Peyton and the WR&#39;s.

But the bigger picture may be Dungy. In Tampa, where they actually spent money on the defense, it was one of the best in the league, yet while he had the x&#39;s and o&#39;s covered, he never could "coach up" the team for a big game. John Gruden embarrassed the :censored: out of him when he took essentially the same personnel in Tampa to a Super Bowl Championship the first year Dungy was gone.

VN Store

Back