Eddie Gran to UGA? Nope!

Georgia is basically Notre Dame South. They have a run of decent teams for 3 or 4 years then disappear for the next 15 but when it rolls around that they have that one good year they tell you how elite they are.
Still better than what we are now.

I sense a disturbance in the Force...Butch Jones to UGA as OC. The disturbance will be a great many UGA fans crying out all at once, and then are forever silenced.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Georgia fans already trying to act like this never happened:

About that Eddie Gran Report ...

The sources out there are generally credible. Georgia went for Gran and got turned down. Doesn't really change our struggles over the past decade, but I admit it's nice to see Georgia being the one flailing around for once.

The fact that Pruitt thought he could get Chaney suggests he knows something about working with Kirby that most people don't know. No one even thought Chaney was a realistic option. It's very rare for coordinators to make lateral moves. The fact that OCs seem to be avoiding Smart like the plague says something about Kirby.

Georgia is basically Notre Dame South. They have a run of decent teams for 3 or 4 years then disappear for the next 15 but when it rolls around that they have that one good year they tell you how elite they are.
I hope so..... their recruiting is better than ever and that worries me. Hopefully Smart isn’t so smart, but with that talent, they can dumb their way to 9-10 wins a yr.

The sources out there are generally credible. Georgia went for Gran and got turned down. Doesn't really change our struggles over the past decade, but I admit it's nice to see Georgia being the one flailing around for once.

The fact that Pruitt thought he could get Chaney suggests he knows something about working with Kirby that most people don't know. No one even thought Chaney was a realistic option. It's very rare for coordinators to make lateral moves. The fact that OCs seem to be avoiding Smart like the plague says something about Kirby.

Not sure why Georgia is so upset. As history tells us, they will have another shot at a championship in around 38 years.

Wow.

How do you turn down a roster full of blue chip talent, with a pay raise, better assistants, and much easier recruiting to stay on at Kentucky as OC in a year with a huge talent drop-off?! And what does that say about Kirby Smart?

Pretty easy actually. How are you going to do better than Chaney has as their OC the past two years? Anything less than what occurred in 2017 & 2018 and you're tied to a stake in the middle of the village with Kirby Smart trying to blow out matches from villagers trying to light you up.

They really are in full on denial mode over this lol. They kerp talking about this Coley guy like he’s the next big thing. If he’s Smart’s man then they should’ve already announced by now

Wouldn’t of minded if he went to Georgia honestly

I mean obviously they did good this year but that was a lot of Snell and Allen

The QB Wilson I’m not sure he got much better at all even in bowl game he looked as bad I’d seen all year

Seriously no team in cfb will miss 2 players more then Kentucky misses Snell and Allen

Both were legit All Americans who showed up damn near every week and took over games

Will be rooting for both to be stars in the league

Georgia not having a very good month:

(1) Upset in Sugar Bowl by Texas,
(2) Lost by nearly 50 points to UT in basketball,
(3) Lost their OC to UT, and
(4) Might not even be able to hire away Kentucky's OC

I realize their football program is well ahead of ours at the present time, but can't be happy about this month if I were a UGA fan. If Gran turns them down, that might be a bit of a red flag.

Kentucky is losing a lot of key players on offense; very likely taking a step backwards this year. Georgia has much better talent and would seem to be a much better job on the face of it. If Gran would rather stay at Kentucky with a big talent dropoff than coach a team loaded with 4- and 5-star talent, what does that say about Georgia under Kirby Smart?
Surprised Stoops hasn’t parlayed this into a better job

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Wouldn’t of minded if he went to Georgia honestly

I mean obviously they did good this year but that was a lot of Snell and Allen

The QB Wilson I’m not sure he got much better at all even in bowl game he looked as bad I’d seen all year

Seriously no team in cfb will miss 2 players more then Kentucky misses Snell and Allen

Both were legit All Americans who showed up damn near every week and took over games

Will be rooting for both to be stars in the league
To be fair, despite the fact they didn’t have a QB, lost their starting LT (KY has the least to lose right) and still managed to draw plays to get Snell in space and get him those yards is pretty impressive, especially against the SEC.

To be fair, despite the fact they didn’t have a QB, lost their starting LT (KY has the least to lose right) and still managed to draw plays to get Snell in space and get him those yards is pretty impressive, especially against the SEC.

Someone explain how we didnt run options more or some designed runs for Wilson. That fake pitch counter by Wilson against Florida was so beautiful. Literally never ran something similar the whole rest of the year.

I like Gran. He adapted the offense with Stephen Johnson and Benny 3 years ago after we thought Drew Barker was gonna be running an air raid system. But Stoops and him get so conservative sometimes that it's just painful. We have had some good WRs the last few years, but simply didnt want to throw the ball. Our tight end, Conrad, was criminally underused and I hope he kills it in the NFL so everyone knows how good he is.

Fine keeping him, but the key coaches we cant lose are Vince Marrow and John Schlarrman. Gran has some decent FL connections though. I just wish we could have found a way to have kept Neal longer.

Reactions: perico
Someone explain how we didnt run options more or some designed runs for Wilson. That fake pitch counter by Wilson against Florida was so beautiful. Literally never ran something similar the whole rest of the year.

I like Gran. He adapted the offense with Stephen Johnson and Benny 3 years ago after we thought Drew Barker was gonna be running an air raid system. But Stoops and him get so conservative sometimes that it's just painful. We have had some good WRs the last few years, but simply didnt want to throw the ball. Our tight end, Conrad, was criminally underused and I hope he kills it in the NFL so everyone knows how good he is.

Fine keeping him, but the key coaches we cant lose are Vince Marrow and John Schlarrman. Gran has some decent FL connections though. I just wish we could have found a way to have kept Neal longer.
Don’t take this as a slight bc it’s not, but isn’t that the way Ky HAS to win? Control the clock? As with Saban, Pruitt, Stoops, aren’t most of those guys defensive minded (for the most part) and want the offense to be on the field to have control of the game?

Don’t take this as a slight bc it’s not, but isn’t that the way Ky HAS to win? Control the clock? As with Saban, Pruitt, Stoops, aren’t most of those guys defensive minded (for the most part) and want the offense to be on the field to have control of the game?

Sure, if we had a bunch of bums and were forced to play like that. Wilson isnt great, but he's capable and we shied away from letting him throw it. Not many backs can carry the load that Benny did. It would have also helped to possibly run screens or quick options instead of running up the middle 30 times.

Looks like Georgia settled for promoting Coley to OC. That won't sit well with their fans.
A meh hire. Not great, not horrible, avg 32.1 as OC. Wonder if they go after the young buck at TE coach (Hartley) or the grizzled vet in Lilly. I love Lilly.

VN Store

Back