"Ed Orgeron will not visit Bryant-Denny again"

I REALLY had to check my eyes when they mentioned Gruden.

Seriously ? Another school is going down that same rabbit hole? Even with the additional baggage from the last week that was not around when UT was making Googly eyes at him ?

Reactions: CR-vol

Seriously ? Another school is going down that same rabbit hole? Even with the additional baggage from the last week that was not around when UT was making Googly eyes at him ?

Not that it matters but would you really be surprised? They only care about one thing: winning and will cover up whatever they need to do so. See Will Wade for example.

Not that it matters but would you really be surprised? They only care about one thing: winning and will cover up whatever they need to do so. See Will Wade for example.

True, but even if you remove the issues that have come up in the last week-why would anyone still want him?

I mean not exactly like the Raiders we're setting the world on fire the last three years.

True, but even if you remove the issues that have come up in the last week-why would anyone still want him?

I mean not exactly like the Raiders we're setting the world on fire the last three years.

Because they want to win. That’s the best I got. Personally the money he’ll want doesent justify the record. So if I were an AD I’d be out.

I don't have an opinion on Gruden's merits as a college head coach, but even in a hypersensitive world I'm not sure the baggage from last week should carry much weight in that discussion. Football coaches are some of the most irascible and foul mouthed people you'll find. If Gruden is disqualified from that club for calling people nasty names at some time in the past, then we're way overdue for an extreme culling of the coaching (and player?) ranks and the game won't be recognizable when we're done.

VN Store

Back