Ed Orgeron & wife Kelly divorcing

How is the contract guaranteed? I'm sure there are things he could do that are specified in that contract to where he wouldn't get the buyout.

Usually it's just a difference between "with cause" and "without." What those mean are rarely spelled out.

Ed O is no prize I could see his wife being the one who cheated if they're divorcing because of adultery.;)
Raquel Welch and former husband Andre
1586377261160.jpeg
Christine Hendricks and guy she just divorced.
1586377816802.jpeg
Common theme? Both divorces due to alleged infidelity from husbands.

Ladies know a lot of times many other women want what you have and some of them can be real catty. In the case of Raquel Welch's ex above, you know he had game because some hottie wanted to be able to put a notch on her bedpost of having Raquel Welch's man. I was sitting at a table of acquaintances one Saturday evening on Sunset Strip at one of the outdoor restaurants. The actress LeeLee Sobieski and her husband/boyfriend walked by, shortly thereafter one of the females I did not know was with a female at our table I did know. They got up and went to the powder room. They came back a while later giggling like schoolgirls. One of the people at the table inquired what was going on and they told the story of how LeeLee Sobieski's man gave one of them "the eye" when he passed by with her. So they acted on it and finagled until he was alone and got his phone number. The one I did not know planned on acting on it simply because "he was LeeLee Sobieski's man." They are out there.

Raquel Welch and former husband Andre
View attachment 270672
Christine Hendricks and guy she just divorced.
View attachment 270674
Common theme? Both divorces due to alleged infidelity from husbands.

Just know that for every hot girl out there, there’s a guy that’s tired of ****ing her. Jk

Wow the snozzberries guy from Super Troopers was married to Christina Hendricks and cheated on her?
5A33D377-76FA-4E4E-A42F-03867B1EEAB2.gif

They'll have to agree on how to split up the marital assets, not Coach O's future income. It isn't like she's getting 50% of his post-divorce income. It was actually him, not her, that filed for divorce as well, so if he gets raked over the coals he kind of asked for it.

If she gets alimony or child support (think their kids might be old enough to where she wouldn't get any child support), that'll get determined on some past income level of his, probably from 2019 or 2018 since they filed for divorce in 2020.

Depends really. Local/State culture toward divorce. Why he filed. Who the judge is, etc. GA was always a mom's rights state, so if the kids were under 14, custody and all the candy in the divorce usually went her way. But, if it was for one or the other cheating, you didn't want to draw a particular judge on court day in my town. I've also known cases where the wife was a total skank locally, totally inept to be a single parent, and got everything. I think TN is pretty mom oriented and it's hard as crap for the dad to come out decent, even if the wife was adept at sleeping around.

Depends really. Local/State culture toward divorce. Why he filed. Who the judge is, etc. GA was always a mom's rights state, so if the kids were under 14, custody and all the candy in the divorce usually went her way. But, if it was for one or the other cheating, you didn't want to draw a particular judge on court day in my town. I've also known cases where the wife was a total skank locally, totally inept to be a single parent, and got everything. I think TN is pretty mom oriented and it's hard as crap for the dad to come out decent, even if the wife was adept at sleeping around.
Isn't it all, pretty much by definition, "mom-oriented?" Even if the mom is a piece of garbage? There's a natural predisposition a lot of people have to not want to remove children from their mother, even if the mother is entirely unfit or at fault.

Isn't it all, pretty much by definition, "mom-oriented?" Even if the mom is a piece of garbage? There's a natural predisposition a lot of people have to not want to remove children from their mother, even if the mother is entirely unfit or at fault.

I wonder what happened with the Jimbo situation in Florida. Because from the sound of it Jimbo’s wife was quite the piece of work.

Reactions: 508mikey
Of course it's future earnings. That isn't money that has already been paid to him, sitting in a bank account.

Unless I'm missing something, his future salary is not an "asset" to be divided during a divorce proceeding. He could get fired. He could get incapacitated. A future salary isn't like a house or bank account.
Are you familiar with how divorce attorneys operate? Everything (even made-up ish) is on the table if you're the husband who makes a lot of money.

Are you familiar with how divorce attorneys operate? Everything (even made-up ish) is on the table if you're the husband who makes a lot of money.
Of course her divorce attorney will attempt to put it on the table. That doesn't mean money earned as part of a future contract is in the same boat as a house they bought together, a joint bank account, etc. Yes, she'll probably end up with about 50% of their stuff, even though it was funded entirely by Coach O's income. However, that's quite a claim for even a divorce attorney to make that 50% of the husband's post-divorce earnings go to the wife. That'd be like Tiger Woods's ex-wife continuing to collect 50% of Tiger's post-divorce income. I'm no divorce attorney, but I don't think that's how that works. You split up assets as of a particular date, and then it's settled after that.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Of course her divorce attorney will attempt to put it on the table. That doesn't mean money earned as part of a future contract is in the same boat as a house they bought together, a joint bank account, etc. Yes, she'll probably end up with about 50% of their stuff, even though it was funded entirely by Coach O's income. However, that's quite a claim for even a divorce attorney to make that 50% of the husband's post-divorce earnings go to the wife. That'd be like Tiger Woods's ex-wife continuing to collect 50% of Tiger's post-divorce income. I'm no divorce attorney, but I don't think that's how that works. You split up assets as of a particular date, and then it's settled after that.

You're applying logic to the situation. When it comes to divorce attorneys, you can't do that. What's "agreed upon as of a certain date" isn't worth the paper it's written on. Her "financial needs" will suddenly increase and since he has the "ability to pay" (very key term in divorce proceedings) she will most likely get a higher amount.

You're applying logic to the situation. When it comes to divorce attorneys, you can't do that. What's "agreed upon as of a certain date" isn't worth the paper it's written on. Her "financial needs" will suddenly increase and since he has the "ability to pay" (very key term in divorce proceedings) she will most likely get a higher amount.
Her argument for what I guess would amount to permanent alimony would be a joke.

She'll get a huge portion, probably 50%, of the marital assets. Does she "deserve" that? In all likelihood no, but I get that part. It's the having a claim on his post-divorce income part where he has no real argument.

Her argument for what I guess would amount to permanent alimony would be a joke.

She'll get a huge portion, probably 50%, of the marital assets. Does she "deserve" that? In all likelihood no, but I get that part. It's the having a claim on his post-divorce income part where he has no real argument.

And she should especially after waking up and looking at that ugly ole Cajun every day! He will be a real catch for some lonely young co-ED!:p:p

It’s what YOU are defining as “post-divorce” that’s in contention on this thread. I expect a substantial cash settlement based on numbers CURRENTLY on the table...like his SIGNED contract. The next extension he’ll receive should be off said table. Just because it’s cash he has yet to pocket doesn’t mean he gets to keep it...not how it works.

Reactions: Boca Vol
It’s what YOU are defining as “post-divorce” that’s in contention on this thread. I expect a substantial cash settlement based on numbers CURRENTLY on the table...like his SIGNED contract. The next extension he’ll receive should be off said table. Just because it’s cash he has yet to pocket doesn’t mean he gets to keep it...not how it works.
It has to to a certain extent - him receiving that money is dependent upon him doing something, which is far from guaranteed. A signed employment contract isn't like lottery winnings or an inheritance that is guaranteed to get paid out.

If Coach O legitimately thought his future earnings were on the table, he sure as hell wouldn't have been the one that filed for divorce.

The old saying at the hospital “You never want to be a doctor’s first wife”

Reactions: 05_never_again
It has to to a certain extent - him receiving that money is dependent upon him doing something, which is far from guaranteed. A signed employment contract isn't like lottery winnings or an inheritance that is guaranteed to get paid out.

If Coach O legitimately thought his future earnings were on the table, he sure as hell wouldn't have been the one that filed for divorce.
You’d think...but he did. And once again...it’s not FUTURE earnings. She’s not bound by whatever conduct is determined as for cause that would cost him his salary. She’s getting paid NOW then he’s on his own.

You’d think...but he did. And once again...it’s not FUTURE earnings. She’s not bound by whatever conduct is determined as for cause that would cost him his salary. She’s getting paid NOW then he’s on his own.
But it is future earnings. I fail to see how unearned income in a contract is an "asset" in the same mold that an annuity, lottery earnings, an inheritance, etc. would be.

VN Store

Back