EBBETS FIELD FLANNELS

Ohhhhhh I see. That is interesting! Now I really wanna know. You posted that before and I didn’t even think about it. Yeah, we gotta know!
Im guessing the coach from 1951 - most of their other teams college jerseys have the coaches name in the description

Reactions: vol66
UT football has an almanac, baseball needs one too. Your original question regarding #3 on the 1951 team is valid and it should be available to us. I wanna know too. I’ll keep looking, but ya might try Vol baseball Twitter too. They can get at the answer super quick.

Baseball Volmanac is part of the baseball record book. It has a list of all-time jersey numbers but none earlier than 1965.

2021 Baseball Record Book - University of Tennessee Athletics (utsports.com)

B. B. Hopkins was on the 1951 team, here's a picture of him from 1953. Looks to me he's wearing 3. A two time all SEC and All American, believe he's your guy.

1649595836194.jpeg

Bud Ford is the UT Athletics Historian, he's the guy to ask for sure. bford@utk.edu

Last edited:
Reactions: vol66
Baseball Volmanac is part of the baseball record book. It has a list of all-time jersey numbers but none earlier than 1965.

2021 Baseball Record Book - University of Tennessee Athletics (utsports.com)

B. B. Hopkins was on the 1951 team, here's a picture of him from 1953. Looks to me he's wearing 3. A two time all SEC and All American, believe he's your guy.

View attachment 446492

Bud Ford is the UT Athletics Historian, he's the guy to ask for sure. bford@utk.edu

Makes sense to me! Thank you sir!!!

TENNESSEE 1951 VINTAGE BALLCAP
Details
Tennessee baseball captured their first SEC championship in 1951 which propelled them to the College World Series. They would finish in 2nd place after a tough 3-2 defeat in the Championship game versus Oklahoma.
Ebbets Field Flannels has made the perfect hat to pair with the Ebbets jersey for the authentic vintage look.
  • Made in the USA
  • Leather Strap on back

8A261870-CC81-4791-A24A-531D2ED8AB1C.jpeg85D28D43-9A8C-4D78-8715-A1A1796BA54B.jpeg

TENNESSEE 1962 VINTAGE BALLCAP
Details
Ebbets Field Flannels has made the perfect hat to pair with the Ebbets jersey for the authentic vintage look. Modeled after the hat from 1962.
  • Made in the USA
  • Leather Strap on back

704101F6-5310-4B39-BE38-225A1E0F6715.jpeg

TENNESSEE 1951 VINTAGE BALLCAP
Details
Tennessee baseball captured their first SEC championship in 1951 which propelled them to the College World Series. They would finish in 2nd place after a tough 3-2 defeat in the Championship game versus Oklahoma.
Ebbets Field Flannels has made the perfect hat to pair with the Ebbets jersey for the authentic vintage look.
  • Made in the USA
  • Leather Strap on back

View attachment 449152View attachment 449153

TENNESSEE 1962 VINTAGE BALLCAP
Details
Ebbets Field Flannels has made the perfect hat to pair with the Ebbets jersey for the authentic vintage look. Modeled after the hat from 1962.
  • Made in the USA
  • Leather Strap on back

View attachment 449151

😍

Reactions: MAD
I couldn’t find any photos of the 1962 team.
But what makes that season special, it was Cafego’s last as the baseball coach and they ended the season with 9 straight wins, last 5 were over Vandy. In fact CGC retired having won his last 9 over the Commodores. Not too shabby.
E27EDF73-D189-4062-8954-73A5B918B220.jpeg

Ordered the 1962 -- Wish they had them at the EF website though, Volshop 12 dollar shipping is kind of steep then throw in the sales tax on top of it and then there is a pop up stating a 7-10 day wait for it to ship because of lack of employees
I was hoping EF would carry them as well…. As silly as it sounds, shipping is why I waited on the hat to be released before I bought the jersey. Now, I see the hat isn’t fitted, so I may not get it after all. They look nice, but I really prefer a fitted cap. Especially at that price point.

Reactions: 508mikey
Ordered the 1962 -- Wish they had them at the EF website though, Volshop 12 dollar shipping is kind of steep then throw in the sales tax on top of it and then there is a pop up stating a 7-10 day wait for it to ship because of lack of employees
Also, is that the Power T logo on the ‘62? I didn’t think they were using the Power T yet…. Hopefully, I am mistaken, but if not, that’s a pretty big miss for a company that prides itself on its attention to detail.

Reactions: WillisWG
Those are some sweet lids, but $54.00 plus taxes and shipping, OMG. I'll have to think on that. The wife still aint happy about my buying the 51 jersey.

Was looking at MLB New Era caps earlier and was surprised to see a lot of them are in the $45-$56 range.

Also, is that the Power T logo on the ‘62? I didn’t think they were using the Power T yet…. Hopefully, I am mistaken, but if not, that’s a pretty big miss for a company that prides itself on its attention to detail.
yeah it looks close - I thought they used a block T back then -- I got this windbreaker from Mitchell and Ness with the block T on it
ojzp1031-utnyyppporan_1.jpg

VN Store

Back