East Tennessee Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do an avatar bet that it will snow tonight in Knoxville. Loser has to put Dooley as their avatar for a week. Deal?

Lol, you're not specifying the snow amount.

I'm not discounting something like a dusting when this rolls out but I'd bet we won't see anything significant.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol, you're not specifying the snow amount.

I'm not discounting something like a dusting when this rolls out but I'd bet we won't see anything significant.

I didn't specify an amount, because your original post was questioning the other person who said there should be snow between 8 and midnight.

The Memphis NWS just answered my question: too early to tell how much precip we'll get but it should start out as snow and transition to ice and rain later in the day.

Here in NE Oklahoma we got sleet, freezing rain, sleet and then about 5" snow last night. Done here, just cold now. My folks live in E. Tennessee still and have been getting freezing rain all day. Hope all of you stay safe back home.

I didn't specify an amount, because your original post was questioning the other person who said there should be snow between 8 and midnight.

Without looking back I forget who I quoted exactly but my argument has been against any large snowfall amounts on the back end. jmo

The Memphis NWS just answered my question: too early to tell how much precip we'll get but it should start out as snow and transition to ice and rain later in the day.

Which day does this apply to?

[/I]In Bristol it has been primarily snow. 1-2 inches at 6 pm but continuing to fall so suspect more accumulation over night.

If you go by the colors on the WBIR radar, we have been in the blue all day long but I haven't seen more than 5 minutes of snow.

Our only small amount of reprieve if you guys are right would be on Tuesday when the high is 31 and the sun is shining to help melt this stuff off.

Wow, WBIR and TWC have changed their snow totals tonight to 3-5 inches for Knoxville. Do they know something we don't? :question:

If you go by the colors on the WBIR radar, we have been in the blue all day long but I haven't seen more than 5 minutes of snow.

Nashville is at 20 degrees as of right now and an hour ago the radar showed blue but a wintry mix was being reported rather than snow.

Wow, WBIR and TWC have changed their snow totals tonight to 3-5 inches for Knoxville. Do they know something we don't? :question:

Lol, you're going to milk this until the end aren't you? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back