East Tennessee Weather II

I would expect snow in the western areas of Tennessee, and the farther east you go, the chances of ice go up. I would especially be watching for ice in the Carolinas. Get your milk sandwiches ready. Looks like Sunday is touch down, so get your church out of the way before Sunday.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
I would expect snow in the western areas of Tennessee, and the farther east you go, the chances of ice go up. I would especially be watching for ice in the Carolinas. Get your milk sandwiches ready. Looks like Sunday is touch down, so get your church out of the way before Sunday.
They’ve already moved ours to Zoom for this Sunday. And it’s forecast to start Saturday night.

Could be dicey around Nashville. My 88-year old farmer neighbor predicts up to 15" of the white stuff.:eek:

Attachments

• Snow art_panic.jpg
    Snow art_panic.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: VolNExile
Now, most services are pretty confident on 3-5 inches of snow (maybe more closer to and on the north side of the I-85 corridor) for the Charlotte metro with possibly a half inch of sleet and ice mixed in. Unless something changes drastically, we are in for an interesting weekend… and a nasty Monday commute.

1642164627409.png

1642164653023.png

Now, most services are pretty confident on 3-5 inches of snow (maybe more closer to and on the north side of the I-85 corridor) for the Charlotte metro with possibly a half inch of sleet and ice mixed in. Unless something changes drastically, we are in for an interesting weekend… and a nasty Monday commute.

View attachment 428206

View attachment 428207

How exciting!

Reactions: VolNExile

View attachment 428206

View attachment 428207
Driving on snow with sleet or frozen rain underneath? Nuh-uh. I drive fine on snow. I don’t mess with ice.

Jumping the gun here, but the 12z GFS and Canadian showing a good looking wintry system next weekend. Both extremely similar.

Hummm, this one feels like the last one that just missed us. Hard to believe that much snow will hit all around us but I loved here long enough to know the valley is a suck hole for no snow. Outside of the blizzard and last Christmas Eve Knoxville doesn’t see that much.

VN Store

Back