East Tennessee Weather II

So what are the models showing for the Wednesday/Thursday event? NWS is saying possibly 1-3" Wednesday and another 2-4" Wednesday night and possibly more Thursday. It looks like that storm may be more snow/freezing rain.

Hurray for cold rain!!! lol

Of course, a record-setting winter storm with snow as far south as the southern tip of Texas impacts literally everywhere in the state except East Tennessee Valley. I would have given up every winter system to hit thus far in exchange for the snow that this system is producing.

Ughhh. I'm ready for sunshine, spring, and severe weather season already.

So what are the models showing for the Wednesday/Thursday event? NWS is saying possibly 1-3" Wednesday and another 2-4" Wednesday night and possibly more Thursday. It looks like that storm may be more snow/freezing rain.

I think the snow cover will definitely assure whatever we get is frozen. I’m seeing highs in the upper 20’s at most before the next system arrives Wednesday. I think snow will still be the predominant precip type.

Not going to get my hopes up but the 12z Euro was showing a small, decent snow for East TN on Thursday. Hope for some model consistency.

Looks like we dodged a bullet on this here bad weather so far. We've got about 3 times the temperature they've had in Dallas. Looks like the whole thing is going to miss the Tri-Cities anyway.

Just went out and measured here and it looks like right at 5 inches. Guess we will see what later this week brings but I'm loving it.

Reactions: bigdaddy
I’ll have to look. Today, WVLT (Knoxville) & WCYB (Tri Cities) were both talking about the possibility of seeing some snow, sleet, and rain on Thursday.
This is such a tough forecast. What I really fear with this event is that this dense, cold Arctic air settles into the valley and leads to a decent freezing rain event with 0.1-0.25" of ice across much of the central/northern Tennessee Valley. We'll see. A degree or two either way is going to mean the difference between snow, sleet, or freezing rain.

Reactions: headhunter15
This is such a tough forecast. What I really fear with this event is that this dense, cold Arctic air settles into the valley and leads to a decent freezing rain event with 0.1-0.25" of ice across much of the central/northern Tennessee Valley. We'll see. A degree or two either way is going to mean the difference between snow, sleet, or freezing rain.

I don’t envy any forecaster for this event!

Reactions: MetVol

VN Store

Back