East Tennessee Weather II

saturday will be an AB day.
No rain

I’ve got TS Dorian coming into mid SC and going into GA then coming into Tennessee. Could be a soaker mid to late next week. Something to follow.

I’m going to be in Anna Maria Florida Friday through the following Sunday. Should I expect anything substantial in regards to weather coming from Dorian?

Thanks

I’m going to be in Anna Maria Florida Friday through the following Sunday. Should I expect anything substantial in regards to weather coming from Dorian?

Thanks

No, nothing substantial. When you leave Sunday where are you heading too? Because traffic will be chaotic. Dorian looks to slow down before making landfall. Models are all over the place. I was very wrong on my post yesterday. Right now, looks to be making a impact on the GA Florida line. There’s Hp building as it makes landfall that will determine what direction it could go. I’m thinking it rides through GA and turns back towards the SC but some models have it hugging the coast gaining a lot of energy. Defiantly something to follow.

No, nothing substantial. When you leave Sunday where are you heading too? Because traffic will be chaotic. Dorian looks to slow down before making landfall. Models are all over the place. I was very wrong on my post yesterday. Right now, looks to be making a impact on the GA Florida line. There’s Hp building as it makes landfall that will determine what direction it could go. I’m thinking it rides through GA and turns back towards the SC but some models have it hugging the coast gaining a lot of energy. Defiantly something to follow.

My post was off. I leave the 8th. Thanks for the update.

So what's behind the European Model of weather and why would the Europeans care about what weather we get here in the US?

Something weird happened yesterday after work. First it sounded like trains colliding or something. Then there were sort of grayish clouds. Then it looked like some sort of liquid was coming from the gray clouds and falling on the ground. I was afraid to let the kids go outside. I can’t remember this happening before. Anyone know what it might be?

Reactions: VolNExile
Something weird happened yesterday after work. First it sounded like trains colliding or something. Then there were sort of grayish clouds. Then it looked like some sort of liquid was coming from the gray clouds and falling on the ground. I was afraid to let the kids go outside. I can’t remember this happening before. Anyone know what it might be?

It must be some sort form of ancient weather event produced by mother nature. All I'm saying is we need pics or it simply didn't happen.

Are you half Indian or Choctaw?

Just kidding, a lot of weather phenomenons happen all the time. That’s cool to hear.

Next week it will cool down and we have a good shot at some decent rain! The cooler weather looks to stick around for a week or two then a slow increase. Models have been all over the place recently. Some show cool weather in patches and some show it staying cool... Maybe we will finally have a feel good Halloween this year 🤞🤞.

We desperately need the rain. The following is the current drought map. The yellow is abnormally dry. Light brown is Moderate drought. Orange is Severe drought. Screenshot_20191003-132101.jpg

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the potential winter system early next week? Looks like all the major models are showing something.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the potential winter system early next week? Looks like all the major models are showing something.
classic setup of the cold trying to catch up. I don’t see much of anything. Maybe some light snow showers but nothing substantial

This. Still some time to go until it hits, but it does look like cold chasing moisture right now.

Yup, more than likely won’t see anything but in the highest elevations. It’s hard to get snow here in East Tennessee anymore. Anytime a met says the cold will be chasing the moisture you can about guarantee nothing will happen. David still does forecast on his new Facebook, I haven’t been over there in awhile. I’m about to go check it out.

Yup, more than likely won’t see anything but in the highest elevations. It’s hard to get snow here in East Tennessee anymore. Anytime a met says the cold will be chasing the moisture you can about guarantee nothing will happen. David still does forecast on his new Facebook, I haven’t been over there in awhile. I’m about to go check it out.

It's pretty cool that he's still doing forecasts for East TN on his new website.

To get snow in east TN this early in the season is just about unheard of. Not even half way through November if we got snow it might be a sign of a truly awesome winter to come.

VN Store

Back