East Tennessee Weather II

Still can't drive out of the neighborhood. Looks like we'll be able to get out sometime this evening. It's slowly going down. 16 years here...it's never been close to blocking both exits.

Your subdivision has been on the news. Rain is forecasted for 3 days this week. We are going to need a lot of sunshine and heat over the next 2 days.

Sinkhole in Powell on Greenwell Rd.

Sinkhole grows, crews not sure when road will open

Powell1.jpg

I’ve never been in the summer but I bet it’s fantastic
It is my idea of Heaven on earth..I love it. I am not a winter guy, I basically hibernate till April. I love that whole corner of Wyoming, Idaho and Montana...it is...well there are really no good words to describe how amazing, beautiful and majestic it is.

Yes. Todd Howell and David Aldrich made mention last night. The models are *currently* showing snow early next week. Hope it pans out.
You "hope it pans out"? You snow guys are nuts...this really cold weather coming is going to kill the blooms of spring...I hate this crap, I hate winter. I saw where we are supposed to be 14° monday night, and 16° tuesday...that's some serious BS.

Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you live in Whitley County, KY or know someone who does, you need to read the following. There’s a Flash Flood Watch issued for the potential of a dam that will probably fail and cause flash flooding.

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...

The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a

* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of south central Kentucky,
including the following area, Whitley.

* Through Tuesday afternoon

* Recent heavy rains have led to the strong potential of a dam
failure on a dam on located along Corinth road in the Little
Spruce Creek drainage about 2 miles southwest of Woodbine.

* If the dam were to completely fail, flash flooding is expected
for a couple of miles downstream of the dam.

Putting the jokes aside. One has to wonder what will become of our ecosystem if these events keep reoccurring.

Need to keep an eye out for severe thunderstorms this evening, especially those along and west of interstate 75. Damaging winds in excess of 60 mph is the primary threat, but an isolated tornado or 2 is possible with the wind shear being very strong. The main storm mode appears to be supercells.

Reactions: Matt2496
I wouldn't think its anything other than they were trying to shed some of the higher paid guys that have been there awhile.

Media is a rough business.

I wouldn't think its anything other than they were trying to shed some of the higher paid guys that have been there awhile.

Media is a rough business.
Seems like a strange decision though. The other two stations in town both have chief meterologists who have been around for 20+ years, and I generally liked Aldrich better than either of those two. Now WVLT is just left with Heather Haley and some new guy who can barely read the teleprompter. Hopefully they’ve got somebody new coming in.

Seems like a strange decision though. The other two stations in town both have chief meterologists who have been around for 20+ years, and I generally liked Aldrich better than either of those two. Now WVLT is just left with Heather Haley and some new guy who can barely read the teleprompter. Hopefully they’ve got somebody new coming in.

Its definitely very strange. Same with them letting Bob Yarborough go as well. Could be anything from shedding payroll, a consultant telling them they are too old/white/male, and who knows what else.

I hated to see it. I hope he finds a spot.

Looks like a good chance for really bad weather on Sunday. VK, do you have any thoughts on this system?

VN Store

Back