Early line on LSU is Vols -4.5

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Well we have 2 weeks to discuss that game. Their QB stresses me out a lot, that kid can move. He’s on pace to rush for 700-800 yards this year, and he’s already thrown for 835, 6 TD’s, no picks. That receiving corp is crazy good too. If we made Richardson look that good, this kid will light our defense up.

I think we have yet another shootout coming.

I would not do the Florida game plan lol. If the QB beats you with his legs, so be it. But don’t not give him all day to throw in against weak ass zone. Come after him

You come after Jayden Daniels and he’s going to absolutely torch you with this legs. Our DB’s are going to have to wake up a start locking folks down while we try our best to contain him.

I would not do the Florida game plan lol. If the QB beats you with his legs, so be it. But don’t not give him all day to throw in against weak ass zone. Come after him

The problem with blitzing a QB who can run is that if you don't sack him, you've given him even more space in which to take off and run, since you've sent another defender after him. We do need a good pass rush, for sure, but blitzing mobile QBs can be risky.

Florida had a winning game plan. But they lost their nerve and tried a field goal and punted.

One thing to note about LSU is their offensive line is terrible in comparison to Florida. Daniels has faced constant pressure, which does kind of change how we come after him. You might not have to blitz a ton, as you might be able to get home with 4 or 5 with decent success. We weren't able to do that a ton against Florida, but still got really good pressure overall (13 QB hurries, just 1 sack though). Our secondary has to change something though, as Richardson only completed like 54% of his passes, but that those still went for 453 yards. If you had covered better at all, at least a couple of those pressures would've been sacks. Now you're talking about taking some completions away and replacing that with negative yardage due to the sacks. That makes a huge difference.

You come after Jayden Daniels and he’s going to absolutely torch you with this legs. Our DB’s are going to have to wake up a start locking folks down while we try our best to contain him.

I’d rather him torch us with his legs than that dink and dunk 3rd and long conversion all day long crap, chances of fumbles, hard hits to knock him out of the game etc. our zone play is just not good because our Dline can’t get pressure themselves and out dba give up to much cushion

One thing to note about LSU is their offensive line is terrible in comparison to Florida. Daniels has faced constant pressure, which does kind of change how we come after him. You might not have to blitz a ton, as you might be able to get home with 4 or 5 with decent success. We weren't able to do that a ton against Florida, but still got really good pressure overall (13 QB hurries, just 1 sack though). Our secondary has to change something though, as Richardson only completed like 54% of his passes, but that those still went for 453 yards. If you had covered better at all, at least a couple of those pressures would've been sacks. Now you're talking about taking some completions away and replacing that with negative yardage due to the sacks. That makes a huge difference.
AR was a beast he threw out of at least 3 sacks and got away from pressure on rollouts a few more times… we will continue to improve but we won’t see a stronger Qb all season Levis at UK will be the only comparison…

I actually think the game plan ends up being very similar to Florida. Bend don’t break on defense, let them eat some clock, then strike hard/fast on offense. First one to 30 wins.
in the Heupel era at Tennessee, the first team to 30 points has won every single game.

this really is a very early line. LSU is favored by 9 at auburn this weekend.
Did you watch any of the Auburn Mizzou game, they are bad, real bad and should have lost if kicker could hit a chip shot. If LSU does t win by at least 9 we will roll them hard.

Reactions: vavolfan6
For some strange reason I actually feel better about Bama at home than this game. Maybe it’s because LSU still seems like such an unknown
LSU still has elite talent throughout their roster, minus the O-line. They‘re going to be a really tough out. I think Hooker will have to have a game like last week to win this one, but if he does, the Heisman talk gets real!

For some strange reason I actually feel better about Bama at home than this game. Maybe it’s because LSU still seems like such an unknown
I can't go that far yet, but I'm definitely nervous about this one. Will be my first trip to LSU, so hopefully I end up not hating myself on Monday morning at work :confused:

AR was a beast he threw out of at least 3 sacks and got away from pressure on rollouts a few more times… we will continue to improve but we won’t see a stronger Qb all season Levis at UK will be the only comparison…
Almost agree, if it where not for the Alabubba QB1!!!!! I think he is a fairly gifted QB.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back