Early Bowl Predictions For Our Vols!!

Dont mean much now but with a win over Mizzou and Vandy here are some of the Vols destinations!!Come on Vols and win the next two!!Go Vols!

Bowl Projections: Where will Tennessee end up if they get to six wins?
Dont mean much now but with a win over Mizzou and Vandy here are some of the Vols destinations!!Come on Vols and win the next two!!Go Vols!

Bowl Projections: Where will Tennessee end up if they get to six wins?

Don't see us going back to Charlotte for a second time this year. And I think the Outback is a stretch unless we win last 2 games impressively. JMO

Any Bowl would sure be great but Tennessee has a name of having alot of fans who travel well to bowl games so we will just have to worry about Mizzou and Vandy and then the bowl game!!Go Vols!!

Reactions: covert29
Everyone needs to remember the bowls at the mid tier level pick largely based on who will send the largest crowd. The records really have little to do with what team is selected over another within the same tier of bowls.

1. There is no way TN falls below the liberty bowl (for example a 6-6 TN team will be picked over a 7-5 Mizzu team).
2. TN will likely be selected for the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville because of its showing the last time it was there (as a 6-6 team in 2014).
3. TN will most likely not be selected for the Belk bowl because TN has already played in Charlotte and the Bowl officials know fans are not as likely to want to go back to the same city twice in 6 months.
4. if TN gets to 7-5 it has a good shot at the Outback bowl in Tampa.
5. these bowl projection articles from national publications generally just place teams in bowls based on who they think will have the best records - thus, they are pretty much irrelevant. (for example many have TN in the Birmingham or Independence bowls based on their thought we end up 6-6, but at 6-6 TN will never fall that far).

Last edited:
Everyone needs to remember the bowls at the mid tier level pick largely based on who will send the largest crowd. The records really have little to do with what team is selected over another.

1. There is no way TN falls below the liberty bowl.
2. TN will likely be selected for the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville because of its showing the last time it was there (as a 6-6 team in 2014).
3. TN will most likely not be selected for the Belk bowl because TN has already played in Charlotte and the Bowl officials know fans are not as likely to want to go back to the same city twice in 6 months.
4. if TN gets to 7-5 it has a good shot at the Outback bowl in Tampa.

I agree. I’m thinking Gator Bowl. Vols last game is in Nashville, so you can pretty much forget about Music city.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Florida Bowl Please!!

Warmer weather, Golf, beaches, ocean, etc!!! :D

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I could handle the Liberty Bowl easier than I could a few years ago. When I was at UT we always had to play either Ole Miss or Miss St in Memphis. Technically, it was a UT home game. In reality it was a massive MS crowd. Thankfully the legislature dropped that requirement and Memphis is geographically neutral between UT and Baylor.

I don't really care what bowl we go to as long as we make one this year. My expectations go up going forward. But, just making a bowl this year after beating 2 ranked teams is a major turnaround in year 1 after a 4-8 season, with such a hard schedule.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Outback would take USCjr, Auburn, or Kentucky before UT. Gator Bowl will be our best shot outside Liberty. If we qualify we will not fall below Liberty.

VN Store

Back