Each SEC Swing Game

I agree South Carolina is a must win for us - we have win that one to go 6-6 provided everything else goes as predicted.

6-6 is the floor...........

Yea, it’s the floor for most predictions. But it assumes we beat South Carolina - that was my point. Even with all the turnover and chaos we’ve experienced in the last year, we should beat South Carolina. Missouri and Kentucky will be more difficult - both are better teams and we play on the road - but should be games we could win if we play well. The Ole Miss game will be a wild one - could set records for points and yardage - but is also winnable.
I think our range is from 6-6 to 9-3.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Yea, it’s the floor for most predictions. But it assumes we beat South Carolina - that was my point. Even with all the turnover and chaos we’ve experienced in the last year, we should beat South Carolina. Missouri and Kentucky will be more difficult - both are better teams and we play on the road - but should be games we could win if we play well. The Ole Miss game will be a wild one - could set records for points and yardage - but is also winnable.

Me too, 58. 6-6 to 9-3. I just want to see our kids play with some excitement and enthusiasm for a change. I'm hoping CJH's culture he's trying to build will do just that.

Reactions: Sarms58
TN has 4 pivotal games, and OM, LSU have 3 swing games ... now that is funny!
Vanderbilt has ONE pivotal game ... the last game of the season. Bwahhhhhh haaaahaaaa.
Me thinks, he (Pate) has not yet grasped the idea of key games. :^))))))))))

The TN-Missouri game is the key to Missouri's season.
They are 3-1 or 4-0 with Tennessee visiting.
If they are 4-0, it means that beat KY on the road .... and they started the season off on a good foot. This is the ego game, they must beat TN to maintain momentum.
If they are 3-1, it means they lost to a good KY team on the road. Now, it is step up time! Lose this game and they are 0-2 in the SEC and only going to win 2/3 games in the SEC.

The TN-Missouri game is the key to Tennessee's season.
They are 3-1 or 4-0 and going on their 2nd consecutive road game.
If they are 4-0, it means that beat FLA in the swamp .... and they started the season off in fantastic way. This is the trap game, they must beat MZ to maintain momentum.
If they are 3-1, it means they lost to a really good FLA team on the road. Now, it is step up time! Lose this game and an 0-2 start is a bad sign and they are only going to win 2/3 games in the SEC.

The last couple years we have been South Carolina's most important game. They use us as a litmus test of where their program is. We've been down and they so desperately want to pass us, but can't seem to get over the hump.

For me though, I just lump them in with UK and Mizzou and would be happy with winning 2 out of 3.

Vandy should be a win.

So Ole Miss is the important game. I think we will lose, but it's a great opportunity to swing an extra win in. Lose, and oh Well we are in year 1. Win and it's a burst of momentum

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
I like your point. I also have 6-6 as the floor. My ceiling was 10-2 mainly because I believe if you are good enough to win 9 games, you can steal 1 vs the big 3.

Reactions: Sarms58

VN Store

Back