Dyron Nix threw down the most

He is also the poster boy for declaring early for the draft if your graded highly. His stock really dropped after his junior season and it cost him a lot by staying for his senior year.

Scotty Hopson should have done the exact opposite and came back for his senior year.
Agreed since Hobson didn’t get drafted. Nix was thought to be a first rounder after his SEC POY junior season. Came back and dropped significantly. Like they say - timing is everything!

CAVPUT, Can you just see Bernard"King of the Volunteers"bringing rims down.One reason that no dunk rule was in place,Kareem Abdul Jabbar(Lew Alcindor)of UCLA.The dunks he had at Power high school .They power sissies that be believed it gave him too much of an advantage.Therefore,UCLA only won about 8 Ncaa championships in a row,before and after Kareem,and69 straight games won.

Reactions: cardvolfan
CAVPUT, Can you just see Bernard"King of the Volunteers"bringing rims down.One reason that no dunk rule was in place,Kareem Abdul Jabbar(Lew Alcindor)of UCLA.The dunks he had at Power high school .They power sissies that be believed it gave him too much of an advantage.Therefore,UCLA only won about 8 Ncaa championships in a row,before and after Kareem,and69 straight games won.
Exactly right. Along the same lines, we've had some seriously great shooters who would have had insane numbers if the 3 pt shot had been in effect during their day. I will say that I'm not a great fan of today's game and the reliance on the 3pt shot tho. Absolutely despised the Celtics, but have to admit that the McHale, Bird, Parrish, Ainge days were some of the prettiest basketball I've seen. They would be just as successful/dominant today IMO. Of course, I was always an ABA fan. Connie Hawkins, Spencer Haywood and the Doctor were all so much fun to watch. They were showtime before there was a showtime.

Reactions: JarFly
Been a while since we’ve had that. Fulk, at one point had some amazing put back dunks. Also haven’t seen a lot of Alley Oops. We need some guys who will attach the rim.

Alcindor WAS the reason. No school could defend him if he could dunk.

VN Store

Back