Dylan Brooks requests release from NLI

Tennessee still has to release him. He can officially request it, but you better believe that Steele will be meeting with him and attempting to change his mind.

However, if he still wants to leave, then Steele should honor that. Steele needs to be seen as a players' coach who cares about the kids first.

And that is a great point that it is possible that Brooks was offered improper benefits as well. It seems like every high level recruit of the past 2-3 years is jumping ship, which worries me that they all may have gotten a little something something (Crouch, Gray, Toots, Morris). I'm not saying they did, but it wouldn't surprise me.
He will never play a down, transfer portal the Day he enrolls if not released

Hard for players to lead, when they have no examples as coaches. Batuli (spelling) was a born leader. Warrior learned to be a leader his senior year. Missed those guys this year. I respect Trey Smith and what he had to overcome in order to play, but in terms of leadership, I didn't see it. To be the #1 recruit in ESPN's ratings coming out of HS, I think he greatly underachieved on the field here all 4 years.

Unfortunately he had the most awesome block in the 2019 season but JG elected to run “Sneak 6”. That play alone should have ended the JG career and the fact peanut head played him again showed he should have been fired.

[
This interim coach stuff only puts us behind another year, in addition to the transfers from this year leaving. Come 2022 our roster could be full of Ga Tech level players.

that’s being pretty optimistic.

I’m not sure we had a choice. I believe others had reported to the SEC office.
Guess if I was GA and KY , schools that we lost 5* recruits to last year, I would be a little concerned as well. I mean, if we were giving bags of cash and lost out on some 5* players, you have to wonder what they were giving?

There was a Rat.
I understand, but the “rat” didn’t go to the NCAA. I hope everyone understands we were not doing anything that doesn’t go on at other schools other than we were reckless. Why do you think all the Bama players drive Chargers?

I understand, but the “rat” didn’t go to the NCAA. I hope everyone understands we were not doing anything that doesn’t go on at other schools other than we were reckless. Why do you think all the Bama players drive Chargers?
And players that we supposedly paid or made offers to, ended up going to other schools.

The method may have been dumb, but paying players is sop for much of the SEC. We're not unique at all.

We've stabbed ourselves in the back.

The rat went to the press.

VN Store

Back