Dwayne Haskins dead

Feels like they're diminishing whatever their best case is by making it all appear ridiculous and frivolous. Maybe they'll get a settlement but I'm doubtful. I assume the lawyers are getting paid, regardless.

The strategy is a function of the legal process. You sue everyone that can possibly be tied to the "wrongful" death in an effort to get full disclosure/participation from all parties. Parties are then eliminated through the legal process. If you leave one out, all the other parties will "blame" the one that wasn't addressed in their defense. They sort of alluded to that in the article by my read.

I'm no lawyer but that is my understanding from the experiences of others. The "victim" gets shamed as greedy as a result. Air quotes used since liability hasn't been established.

The strategy is a function of the legal process. You sue everyone that can possibly be tied to the "wrongful" death in an effort to get full disclosure/participation from all parties. Parties are then eliminated through the legal process. If you leave one out, all the other parties will "blame" the one that wasn't addressed in their defense. They sort of alluded to that in the article by my read.

I'm no lawyer but that is my understanding from the experiences of others. The "victim" gets shamed as greedy as a result. Air quotes used since liability hasn't been established.

Honestly, greedy isn't the word I thought of. I think when our loved ones die, we want something/someone else to blame and that can be a very powerful force. I assume she's got $, so this isn't based off need. It could be greed. I won't assume that.

Honestly, greedy isn't the word I thought of. I think when our loved ones die, we want something/someone else to blame and that can be a very powerful force. I assume she's got $, so this isn't based off need. It could be greed. I won't assume that.

You would be atypical of the general public in that regard.

The first comment on the linked story as evidence

So let me rephrase this story: "My husband who, even as a backup would have made millions, died as a result of bad choices and bad luck. I now want to sue anyone I can to get some money to support the lifestyle that I have convinced myself I deserve".

Reactions: n_huffhines
I get what they are doing and why but.....yeah I don't know, at face value this seems like it doesn't have a lot of legs.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I get what they are doing and why but.....yeah I don't know, at face value this seems like it doesn't have a lot of legs.
It could be that an attorney contacted her and convinced her that they could possibly get her some $$$$. She may not have been the one who reached out to initiate the lawsuits.

VN Store

Back