Dustin Colquitt Retiring?

He was making a lot of money for a punter or at least I would think for one. Hopefully he’s not calling it but If so that’s one hell of a way to go out.

Hope he's got some sons and they've inherited "the gene". We need more Colquitts in our punting/kicking pipeline. Enjoy retirement Dustin!
We might could use a "volunteer" punting coach. That is if it's not breaking the NCAA law. If it is then he could just show up at some high school field and start kicking for the fun of it and to stay in football form while also kicking to few high school kids practicing receiving . Oh! some guys just happened by and started" watching" who happened to be kickers for the college level in around Knoxville.

Reactions: VolnJC
Not retiring, he was cut. Salary cap move by the Chiefs. Dustin was due 2 million on his contract. They cut him and signed a replacement for like 600k.

Reactions: oheron16 and VolnJC
I imagine if he still wants to play he will find a home. He will have to take a pay cut but I doubt he cares much being that he has already made over 34 million as a punter in the NFL. Maybe he will give Pittsburgh a call to see if he can end up his career where his dad punted for years.

Not retiring, he was cut. Salary cap move by the Chiefs. Dustin was due 2 million on his contract. They cut him and signed a replacement for like 600k.
I'll never understand NFL "contracts" and how a team can get out of paying players under contract just by cutting them.

I'll never understand NFL "contracts" and how a team can get out of paying players under contract just by cutting them.
The NFL, unlike the NBA generally doesn't guarantee the whole contract. That is usually a portion of the contract tied with the signing bonus. Sometimes the guaranteed money can be front or back loaded depending on the contract.

same thing happened to all-pro Andy Lee of the 49ers a few years back,when the grandson of a church friend got drafted out of Clemson after
JR yr and had a good college punting career - he got signed, Lee traded, saved $$$ on a veteran contract vs a rookie one, hope Dustin can land
somewhere else

Reactions: VolnJC
Few players get an opportunity to play for one team their entire career. Even fewer get the opportunity to go out on top. He definitely has had a career to be proud of.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Contract structures are part of the collective bargaining agreement between the players association and owners.

I imagine if he still wants to play he will find a home. He will have to take a pay cut but I doubt he cares much being that he has already made over 34 million as a punter in the NFL. Maybe he will give Pittsburgh a call to see if he can end up his career where his dad punted for years.
Just saying

Ol' lefty. My favorite of the Colquits. When is the next one due in?

The NFL, unlike the NBA generally doesn't guarantee the whole contract. That is usually a portion of the contract tied with the signing bonus. Sometimes the guaranteed money can be front or back loaded depending on the contract.
But that’s the messed up thing. A contract is supposed to be a guarantee.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back