Duke keeps squeaking it out.....and Kentucky

Hey guys, let’s focus on what’s important.

Duke and UK lost.

Duke won’t win their sixth national championship, and UK won’t win it’s ninth.

Reactions: IndyVol46
Hey guys, let’s focus on what’s important.

Duke and UK lost.

Duke won’t win their sixth national championship, and UK won’t win it’s ninth.

It’ll be nice watching the final four on merit alone and not based on a burning desire for one or both of those teams to lose in it

Reactions: IndyVol46
Yes, because if somehow Duke or UK had won today it wouldn’t have been because of “merit”.

That’s not what I meant...I was saying I can just watch the final four based on what it is instead of my thoughts being mostly about wanting those two team to lose

That’s not what I meant...I was saying I can just watch the final four based on what it is instead of my thoughts being mostly about wanting those two team to lose

So your idea of merit is subjective based on the teams you want to see win or lose.

Thanks for clarifying.

Just admit you used the term merit wrong. We all understand what you meant and a lot would agree with you.

His idea of merit is watching two teams play, and not wanting a particular team to win...his own words.

The rest of the planet has a different definition of merit.

His idea of merit is watching two teams play, and not wanting a particular team to win...his own words.

The rest of the planet has a different definition of merit.

No...thats not what I said or even implied...you assumed I meant a final four would have less merit if either team was in it...then you assumed I meant the merit of said final four changes in my mind based on one of those teams being in it...neither is accurate or even an astute observation...

I said on merit alone because if either of those teams were in it I would also be watching out of a desire to see them lose...now with them both out I can watch on merit alone...

Is that clear enough for you and bill?

No...thats not what I said or even implied...you assumed I meant a final four would have less merit if either team was in it...then you assumed I meant the merit of said final four changes in my mind based on one of those teams being in it...neither is accurate or even an astute observation...

I said on merit alone because if either of those teams were in it I would also be watching out of a desire to see them lose...now with them both out I can watch on merit alone...

Is that clear enough for you and bill?

It's clear your idea of merit is based on your subjective opinion of which teams you'd like to see win or lose...which makes your definition of "merit" different from most people, including Miriam-Webster's dictionary.

To Bill's point, just admit you screwed up, so you can go to bed and get a good night's sleep.

It's clear your idea of merit is based on your subjective opinion of which teams you'd like to see win or lose...which makes your definition of "merit" different from most people, including Miriam-Webster's dictionary.

To Bill's point, just admit you screwed up, so you can go to bed and get a good night's sleep.

The final four would have certain merit with either of those teams in it...it has a certain merit without them in it...

If either team was in it I would be watching based on said merit AND a desire to see them lose...now that they’re not I’m watching on merit alone...

I truly bumfuzzled that I’m having to explain this so much..

And I assure you that you and bill will not affect my sleep at all...You are giving me a good laugh though

The final four would have certain merit with either of those teams in it...it has a certain merit without them in it...

If either team was in it I would be watching based on said merit AND a desire to see them lose...now that they’re not I’m watching on merit alone...

I truly bumfuzzled that I’m having to explain this so much..

And I assure you that you and bill will not affect my sleep at all...You are giving me a good laugh though

And here I thought you were going to bed about an hour ago. ;)

I appreciate your attempts to justify your poor use of the English language.

As I appreciate your blatant refusal to employ logic in attempt to avoid admitting you made poor assumptions...

And yes...I couldn’t help but take the bait 😂

As I appreciate your blatant refusal to employ logic in attempt to avoid admitting you made poor assumptions...

And yes...I couldn’t help but take the bait 😂

When you screw up, just admit you screwed up....that's the moral of this particular story.

It works on message boards, and in everyday life. :cool:

I am going to extend an olive branch though..

I’m an engineer...so I’m much better with numbers than words...I still honestly don’t see how I’ve misused the word but if I have then I apologize to you, bill and Webster 😂

2005-09 was bad, but agree that Coach K and Duke aren’t going to suddenly fall off the map without these freshmen

They had a mundane string of tournament runs, but they were still a 27-win team 4 of those 5 years. That was during the one and done era, btw. It started in 2006

Are you sure? You went on a ten post rant about the use of one word in the English language. Looks like some dookies are salty about getting curb stomped. Oh yeah this is a message board not English 101. Class dismissed!
Lol curb stomped. No wonder you don’t care about proper gramnar

VN Store

Back