Duke keeps squeaking it out.....and Kentucky

And now UK gets to play Auburn without their best players.

Not much we can say though. We had our shot and came up short.

I bet Kentucky wins because they are Kentucky. I know that doesn’t make sense but that’s the point of this thread 😬

Reactions: BreatheUT
I think Auburn just might beat Kentucky. Pearl will have them motivated since they lost Okeke and are playing the Wildcats. Pearl is always good in situations like this (i.e. Kansas game at UT). However, I think Auburn will come out flat in the final four.

I think Auburn just might beat Kentucky. Pearl will have them motivated since they lost Okeke and are playing the Wildcats. Pearl is always good in situations like this (i.e. Kansas game at UT). However, I think Auburn will come out flat in the final four.

Idk, his overall record against UK isn’t very promising.

Idk, his overall record against UK isn’t very promising.

Pearls team is built for the tournament. The game is now played from 3. If he were limited to 1 or 2 legit 3 pt threats, somewhere he'd have them go cold enough that someone would take them. It's hard to imagine that happening with auburn with all the shooters they have. A team that might give them trouble would be one that was built around defense and extremely disciplined and patient. UVA comes to mind.

If anyone can slow down Auburn, it's a team like Kentucky. They were the last team to beat them and Auburn had one of their worst shooting days. That was at Rupp, although UK beat them by 2 at their place. Hate Auburn doesn't go into this one at full strength.

Looks like UK is a 3-pt favorite, which sounds about right to me.

And now UK gets to play Auburn without one of their best players.

Not much we can say though. We had our shot and came up short.

If UT had beaten LSU (minus their best player) then the first loss to AU would have been for the SEC championship tie and top seed in the SEC tournament. Yes, they had plenty of chances.

Kentucky’s length and ability to defend the perimeter will put the kabosh on Auburn.

At least one of the blue bloods (UNC) went down.
How many times does a blue blood luck out like UK and Duke did last night? If it's not the refs helping them, the underdog team chokes away an easy opportunity.

So sick of the blue bloods. It’s like they are made for tournaments no matter what type of season they have.
Did anyone notice the no call on VT's last 3 point attempt with a few seconds remaining? The contact with the lower body was very similar to Turner's contact with Edwards on Thursday.

Sparty will do the dirty work. I think Final Four is Gonzaga, Mich St, UVA and Kentucky. I can stomach 3 of those 4. I'd only give UK about a 20% chance of winning that.

Did anyone notice the no call on VT's last 3 point attempt with a few seconds remaining? The contact with the lower body was very similar to Turner's contact with Edwards on Thursday.
It's funny because almost everyone said that Duke would never have been called for that right after the Tennessee game.

I hate rooting for Kentucky but i cant root for Pearl. He screwed us with that damn bbq and set us back. Im glad we have Bsrnes. But Pearl could have eventually got us to a final four already.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
It sure seems like the ball always bounces their way in the last minute. The announcers are openly pulling for Zion all night. They scream like little girls when he gets an ally-oop dunk!

Kinda reminds me of the slobbering over tiger woods... He can make the worst shot of the day and they will make something good out of the effort. Same with Zion.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Sparty will do the dirty work. I think Final Four is Gonzaga, Mich St, UVA and Kentucky. I can stomach 3 of those 4. I'd only give UK about a 20% chance of winning that.
Haven't look at the possible pairings, but could Mich St. and Mich. go head to head in the championship game? If so, I think thats what will happen. Hate to think about it. Don't remember if both are still in the running.

Haven't look at the possible pairings, but could Mich St. and Mich. go head to head in the championship game? If so, I think thats what will happen. Hate to think about it. Don't remember if both are still in the running.

Michigan lost to Texas Tech, but they would have faced in FF.

Reactions: savannahfan
Blue bloods do well because they have good coaches, they tend to get favorable calls, and they feel like they belong. The moment is never too big for them.

VN Store

Back