Duke Game

bdbaggins

It is early and it is a game against the Duke Blue Devils but lets see what the score will be in your minds.

I will go first. I feel a shut out coming but am not sure. I feel that duke will put up about 10 points.

Hopefully UT gets the ball in the endzone early and often and puts this game away early.

UT 42
Duke 10

TENN 56
DUKE 7

And I further predict that Duke won't score for the first 56 minutes.

Forum:

While the overtime win over BAMA was exciting, it did nothing to convince me of any improvement coming off an open week. Frankly, we looked worse than ever.

Duke is playing much better and offer a multitude of looks on both offense and defense. TN's coaching staff generally doesn't fare well versus teams who are multiple. That said, Duke is Duke - there players aren't very good.

TN 27
DUKE 17

There is a chance for more points by TN if big plays come off a little razzle-dazzle. Razzle-dazzle? Yes! When we play outmatched opponents, we open 'er up. Look for a flee-flicker, fake field goal, double reverse, punt return reverse, or something in that area.

Vol-Star

I think with Alabama, the coaching staff went with a more conservative approach that they felt would "guarantee" a W for them. With that said, I would really look for them to open the offense up more in a spread with 4 wide-outs against Duke. This will be the game where they will really put to test or rest some of the theories about this team's strength. Casey has really proven he can get into sync with a 2 minute type offense in games where the defense is giving up yards in the secondary by cramming 8 or 9 in the box; and you should hear about 5 or 6 receivers get their names called during this game. If I'm right about this, UT absolutely blows Duke out this game and this gives them unbelievable confidence and momentum going into Miami next week.

UT 45
Duke 17

I am going to say about 35 to 10. By the way the Vols offense have been playing all year that score might be high by the Vols standards though. We have to somehow get them on track for more than a couple of possesions. Thank goodness for Colquitt.

By my count looks like Vol-Star got the closest. :worship: :worship:

VN Store

Back