Drew Richmond to USC

Best of luck to Drew. We all appreciate his hard work. Hopefully he can block someone out on the left coast.

Best of luck to Drew. We all appreciate his hard work. Hopefully he can block someone out on the left coast.

If he had done some work any work in off season, he wouldn't have gotten trampled by a DL linemen in every game, he's not kid Grown Azz
man lets give everybody a TROPHY.....................GO VOLS

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
Good for him, I hope he does well. Wish his time at Tennessee would have been greater than, but it was not.

Look, there is no denying Richmond as a Vol player did not produce like many of us thought or expected he would. However the young man coming out of high school was highly rated and sought after is my best recollection. Seems like people forget we went all out and actually flipped him from Ole Miss, he was wanted by not only us but almost everybody.

Look, there is no denying Richmond as a Vol player did not produce like many of us thought or expected he would. However the young man coming out of high school was highly rated and sought after is my best recollection. Seems like people forget we went all out and actually flipped him from Ole Miss, he was wanted by not only us but almost everybody.
I remember being ecstatic when he flipped. First of many false starts.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
love him playing this side,,but on the other hand ...this kid just would not commit to playing tuff nosed football..listen to butch jones and thought he could be a star and not work out..
got lazy..sec hype lazy...

as most of this team.. Butch Jones thought he could be a contender in this league ....

"I can recall being promised that I’d start my freshman year. When that didn’t happen, I felt consumed by anger and frustration. Every game, win or lose, I’d check Twitter hoping for validation, but a lot of the time I just internalized negativity instead. "

Yeah...
Why would you look to twitter for validation? There has got to be something I’m missing.

not sure what USC would want with him, but I guess I didn't see what Tennessee would want with Lyle Jones either.

Classy kid though.

very few of his team mates at the time could compete at an sec level...

Because it was just a dumb idea to expect freshmen at important positions to ever start on an SEC team. It was disaster from the beginning. I realize Jones didnt have much of a choice in starting freshmen(at least in the first couple seasons at UT) but he never developed his players and thus we got into a cycle of starting freshmen because they were honestly better than the seniors who never developed. Remember when we had like "the most experienced OL in the history of ever"? How's that turd shine up? Not well, I think.

VN Store

Back