Drew Richmond to USC

"I can recall being promised that I’d start my freshman year. When that didn’t happen, I felt consumed by anger and frustration. Every game, win or lose, I’d check Twitter hoping for validation, but a lot of the time I just internalized negativity instead. "

Yeah...

Well--he had his chance under CJP and crew....and he just ain't all that good......In retrospect, they should've thrown him out there to suffer his beatdowns as a freshman so he wouldn't need to look for validation from anyone anywhere.

The SEC is just a humbling league.....it ain't a crime or a sin when guys find out they just don't have the talent to play at SEC level.
Facts are--there is NO other team in the SEC where he could start on the OL.

He will be an All American at USC, breaking the PAC12 pancake record for a single season, then get drafted #12 in the draft - followed by a NFL Hall of Fame career.

Why? Because we're Tennessee, that's why. That's just how things go here............ :)

Delusions of grandeur...... he had several years to step up in americas premier NCAA conference. To think he will now meet his potential is, at best, wishful thinking. I dont wish him ill, I recognize one can change late, but at the same time if he was at any point driven he might have been successful in Knoxville. Good luck young man, but as an old man you're ************ your self. Sorry, but you're done ..... you're about a twitter or two from annonimity. Hell, you pretty much achieved anonymity on TN OL over several years. Good luck ... and no, I'm not that serious!

Reactions: savannahfan
He will be an All American at USC, breaking the PAC12 pancake record for a single season, then get drafted #12 in the draft - followed by a NFL Hall of Fame career.

Why? Because we're Tennessee, that's why. That's just how things go here............ :)
Wouldn’t have done it here. 😴 When both Morris and Wright are top 10 picks after outperforming him in subsequent seasons, we’ll find a way to not enjoy it...”Because we’re” VN.
Resume contrived angst.

Best of Luck Drew!
What does that tell you about Butch Jones promising a high school player that “he will start.”
So sad to miss lead young men, how about an opportunity to compete for a starting job.

Best of Luck Drew!
What does that tell you about Butch Jones promising a high school player that “he will start.”
So sad to miss lead young men, how about an opportunity to compete for a starting job.
Justin Fields says “hold my waiver.”

He consistantly showed "Over-rated" here. He had his chances and couldn't do it. But, in his defense, we were getting blown out by about everybody. Being surrounded by pitiful players can't help your desire, which he obviously had none. That 5 Star rating he had in HS may still be in there somewhere & USC can find it & draw it out.

I'm sure he was promised that he would play provided he performed and demonstrated that he could compete at SEC level. He didn't.

As to his changing his choice of programs: as he is leaving now (for what ever reason) would you think he started looking at Ole Miss's o-line and KNEW he would not play as a freshman down there and grabbed at Butch's promise of playing as a freshman?

VN Store

Back