Drew Richmond to USC

I wish the best for this kid. He seems intelligent enough (got his degree already) but having those penalties over and over was just puzzling. False start penalties are almost 100% discipline. And after he got a couple in a game you good see his first step really slow down on the following plays and then it snowballed. And then giving up sacks started. I feel bad for him because that type of mistake just KILLS the flow of a game and eventually the entire offense. Why anyone wants to be in California I’ll never know but go finish strong DR!

Reactions: savannahfan
"I can recall being promised that I’d start my freshman year. When that didn’t happen, I felt consumed by anger and frustration. Every game, win or lose, I’d check Twitter hoping for validation, but a lot of the time I just internalized negativity instead. "

Yeah...
I'm sure he was promised that he would play provided he performed and demonstrated that he could compete at SEC level. He didn't.

"I can recall being promised that I’d start my freshman year. When that didn’t happen, I felt consumed by anger and frustration. Every game, win or lose, I’d check Twitter hoping for validation, but a lot of the time I just internalized negativity instead. "

Yeah...

That's why only a fool would make such a promise. It would be like telling a prospective employee that they will get paid the same whether they work hard or goof off.

I can't help but think back to what a steal his recruitment felt like for us back in 2015... He was committed to Ole Miss for 5 months and flipped just before NSD. Butch worked hard to get him... but like so many others, he just never developed.
"Never Developed"? You talking about Drew or Butch?

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
I wish this youngster nothing but the best. I attended SC back in the day, he will be well taken care of IMO. I lived in Cali, LA specifically >15 years. A great place to be if you have money and are single. Nothing like a Friday afternoon or evening and heading to the Sunset Strip for dinner at Mediterraneos or some of the bistros on Melrose. Then the rest of the weekend hanging out at Venice Beach or driving down to Surf City/Huntington Beach and surfing there. It's a very charmed life if you can afford it. It's bad juju if you don't have money to play. My biggest takeaway from living in LA was I thought I knew what rich people were. Tennessee may have 4 or 5 rich people if that on the California scale, just sayin'. I was raised in Tennessee as were my kids and I love it, nothing bad to say about it at all. But if I could afford it I'd be at Venice Beach tomorrow morning surfing and eating dinner in Malibu tomorrow night at Gladstones, just sayin'.

Man, nice landing spot for Drew! Can't blame him for making that move. Best of luck.

Good luck to him.
Hope he can find some FIGHT on........
I didn't see in fight in Richmond , in any game he ever played in , soft player don't want get dirty going to good place, he can pretend to be football player
go to school free like Hollywood kids # situation=good riddance ……………….GO VOLS

VN Store

Back