DraftKings win projections for Tennessee this year

That's been my projection all along. With the soft 2019 schedule 7 games should be attainable. A bowl win will send the fans into unrealistic 2020 expections
TN fans are permanent residents of the Land of Unreasonable Expectations. 0-12 next year wouldn't change that. And why does someone named Solomon need a waiver to play?

I believe that eight games.won will be a good base.Our talent at skill positions is up some.Our depth on the OL is better,evenwithput Trey.We have two five star freshmen at tackles.One,Wayna Morris,is already penciled in at starting LT.Two,Darnell Wright, could play into starting RT.Jamir Johnsonis just a nasty lineman who,with the added weight,can flatroad kill some dl.The depth will help,so that, even if an injury,or heaven forbid two,we can carry on to give JG some time,and the RB's some holes.The back seven on defense will be much better,with more depth and talent.DL has some players like Gooden and S.Williams and Butler plus the others togive depth/relief in games.Jim Chaney willuse what he has to the best and call what they do best in games.And he will go for your throat when the time occurs.All of the coaches are top notch and driven to win,a difference from B..tch days.At least eight games,could be more.If that is through orange colored glasses,so be it.Go Vols.

Execute the right game plan and we are 12-0.

Of corse it’s a game of inches and split seconds judged by people, so even if we do it right they might get it wrong(Ky from a while back.)or find a reason for a rule change(North Carolina bowl game.).

I do expect CJP & Staff to put together some better game plans than last year. If they are expecting our DB’s to get burnt, they need to adjust to change their expectations. Same goes for 3rd and long. If everybody in the stadium knows we are going to take “7 step drop” and then we do and out QB gets blasted and fumbles it away, maybe we should throw it out quick like we did against Auburn.

I have high expectations for this year. We’ll see how serious the players are to get better by the way they use their free time. I expect they will put in the work and win some games that many are expecting the Vols to lose.

We'll finish with a winning record in part because in at least one game we're projected to lose fate interferes. In that game the team already unpredictable, will play out of their freaking minds, plus have a series of breaks and ending winning when we shouldn't have. This is going to be a season of "stranger things" and wonders unforeseen. It's already happening outside of Vols football. Russian troops in Venezuela, the KY Derby mess, and animals engaging in cross-species humane acts. Our Vols will contribute to this strange and wonder-filled year. The thing everybody will be talking about. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/The_Thing_Score_Sample.ogg

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION
Aug. 31 Georgia State Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 7 BYU Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 14 Chattanooga Knoxville, Tenn.
Sept. 21 at Florida * Gainesville, Fla.
Oct. 5 Georgia * Knoxville, Tenn.
Oct. 12 Mississippi State * Knoxville, Tenn.
Oct. 19 at Alabama * Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Oct. 26 South Carolina * Knoxville, Tenn.
Nov. 2 UAB Knoxville, Tenn.

Nov. 9 at Kentucky * Lexington, Ky.
Nov. 23 at Missouri * Columbia, Mo.
Nov. 30 Vanderbilt * Knoxville, Tenn.

There's your 7, assuming we are going to have an offensive line this year for a change. I like us at Mizzou because of the bye week and how much roster turnover they had. Getting that BYU game would help our sanity around here too.

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION

There's your 7, assuming we are going to have an offensive line this year for a change. I like us at Mizzou because of the bye week and how much roster turnover they had. Getting that BYU game would help our sanity around here too.
If we don't throttle BYU then we have problems. Ty and JJ alone are good for 35 against them.

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION

Yeah, don’t assume that. No reason to assume that.

Reactions: Matt2496 and 08Vol
If our o line opts to participate this season, we get 8 possibly 9 wins. If they stay on vacation like the last couple of years, we win 5.

Fair enough. If Trey Smith unexpectedly gets a clean bill of health, it will go up.

If we don't throttle BYU then we have problems. Ty and JJ alone are good for 35 against them.

We do have problems. See DL and OL especially.

We’re looking at 6 wins. Our roster stinks like those garbage barrels at the state fair. 1 good class of freshmen isn’t going to fix it.

HA!...We only scored over 35 points ONCE last season....Against ETSU...We won't throttle BYU...We might beat them but they will play us close....They did beat Wisconsin last year in Madison so they are not a team to take easy.

Reactions: SpookyAction

Keep in mind, they are thinking the same thing about us, as are most of the teams on our schedule. Even UAB probably thinks we are beatable. Seven wins would be a good year.

Reactions: KBVol
I think we drill BYU...with pure athleticism and superior coaching. WVU was full of Highly recruited Power 5 transfer rejects which gave them fuel to compete at a higher level.

Lay wood to Georgia State, Chattanooga and UAB. We should finally put a fork in the gameCocks lucky run. We should beat Kentucky again. There is 6 wins.

Mississippi State will be really tough...but of the teams that have an upset feeling at our hands...they are the one imho.

If the team has any testicular fortitude...it should bring some damn fight to Mizzou and especially Vandy finally. At least one of these should be the final shot to 8 wins before a bowl game.

Mizzou got their QB. I went from a sure W to a Damn !

So I guess this is gonna be another Butch Jones "improve by one win per year" rebuilding process" LOL

If we cant find more than 7 wins on this, one of our easiest schedules in a long time, I dont think that trends well for the future.

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION

Didn't realize we only have 4 away games

My own prediction is 6.5, so yeah this is "fair". Maybe just a tad optimistic.

So I guess this is gonna be another Butch Jones "improve by one win per year" rebuilding process" LOL

If we cant find more than 7 wins on this, one of our easiest schedules in a long time, I dont think that trends well for the future.
I believe this is regular season only. Are you really expecting 8-4??? We have crap OL and DL in the utmost "line of scrimmage league". Let's be honest.

BYU is a wash with WVU IMO. The only advantage is we get them at home
Outside of that, I'd say the schedule is about the same as last year. UAB is a very well coached team (almost beat us last time, albeit with a terrible coach)
lolwut? WVU was top-25. #17 at the time. A very good team with a legitimate elite advantage with their passing game over our 2 true freshman corners. It wasn't even a close matchup to be honest, it was a really bad matchup with us. BYU is much better for us, not top 25, and not expected to be at any point.

Reactions: FBtime
I believe this is regular season only. Are you really expecting 8-4??? We have crap OL and DL in the utmost "line of scrimmage league". Let's be honest.

Lines aside. We are supposed to have a God-send of a head coach and our schedule more than compensates. Only 4 away games, we should beat UK and Mizzou now that their good players have been drafted and none of ours were. No power house OOC games. Outside of Bama, UGA, and maybe UF all games should be winnable if we are improved over the 2018 team. I believe 8 regular season wins should be easily achievable otherwise no progress has been made. I'm not PREDICTING 8 wins. I'm saying 8 wins should happen given what I just laid out.

4 OOC wins
Vandy
UK
USC
MSU

Those should all be winners.

Throw in Mizzou and a possible win at UF to swap out for any of those 8 games above and there should be an extremely likely chance at 8 wins before a bowl game.

Last edited:
Reactions: volgrad500
Keep in mind, they are thinking the same thing about us, as are most of the teams on our schedule. Even UAB probably thinks we are beatable. Seven wins would be a good year.
And UAB is right. I’m telling you guys, putting it on the record right now, UAB will be a very tough out and can very easily pull the “upset” in Neyland.

VN Store

Back