DraftKings win projections for Tennessee this year

Ga State, BYU, Chatt, Carolina, UAB, KY, Vandy should be wins. That's soft

I don't think it's soft, but they should get 7 or 8 wins. If not going to be really disappointing.

Ga State, BYU, Chatt, Carolina, UAB, KY, Vandy should be wins. That's soft
"Should be"...We haven't beaten Vandy in awhile and have never beaten Muschamp...God that is sooo embarrassing...BYU will be a test as they love throwing the ball a lot and our secondary isn't the best around so it will be a challenge to stop them...At least we got em at home...Not like that has mattered in the past, Neyland isn't the house of horrors it use to be.

Vols will be a much better team this season. We bring back the most starters and scoring production of all but one team in NCAA. Jim Chaney as OC is already paying dividends. This will be Year 2 of S&C and a we have very good batch of recruits (many EEs). Despite the concerns with the OL, it will be better this season once we get our starting 5 defined and working together. However, I don't think our DL is as good as many believe after Spring camp either. Really hoping the 2 DTs coming in this fall are as good as they look...and that Solomon gets to play this season. We could use Gibbs speed too as a DB or WR.

Schedule wise: we have a bye week before Georgia and Mizzou.
Georgia, MissSt, Kentucky and UAB have a bye week before our game. SCAR and Mizzou have both Florida and Georgia in the weeks preceding our game. Florida has Kentucky before our game. They also have 3 bye weeks but open season a week early against Miami.

Georgia State, Chattanooga and UAB: We should spank these teams, UAB has the best chance of making game uncomfortably close as it is after four tough SEC games and before Kentucky.

Bama, Florida, Georgia: we are supposed to lose these games. I think under the right circumstances and with a bit of luck that we could pull off an upset of one of them... But those odds aren't that great right now.

WV last season was slightly better than BYU will be this season. And BYU is at Neyland. Win by a 7-10.

I believe Auburn last season was slightly better than MissSt (they lost a ton of starters, NFL caliber starters) this season. MissSt is also at Neyland. Eek out a tough win.

SCAR will be about the same as last season. They lost a lot of playmakers but bring back a good many starters. Home game, close game. I think we have just enough. It is during a tough stretch of games for both teams though.

Kentucky will take a step back this season after heavy attrition but the game is at Lexington. I still expect to win a tough game.

Mizzou lost a bunch of playmakers (QB, WR, & RB) but bring back stud TE, RB Roundtree and grad transfer QB. Supposedly offense is better suited for Bryant. They are on probation so we don't know how motivated they are. Also there could still be some transfers once Spring Semester ends. Game is at Mizzou in late November - ugly weather. I would have to say we are a slight underdog at this time.

Vandy lost everyone who is someone except for Key Shaun Vaughn. Game at Neyland. Revenge will be ours.

What makes it soft?
It's not soft by most people's standards. But as our schedules go, it's the softest schedule I've seen in quite a while. We've got 3 games before UF and 2 are cupcakes and BYU is at home. Miss State should take a step back this year and is a home game. KY should take a step back too. SC, Vandy, and Mizz should be similar to last year, but assuming we stay healthy, it's not unreasonable to expect to take 1 or 2 games even if health is the only way we're better this year. There is a bye between UF and UGA and we end murders row with a cupcake and a 2nd bye. Miss State taking a step back should help that stretch a little too. Given our normal schedule, you at least have to call 2019 favorable.

Last edited:
I expect 6 Wins and back in a bowl game and we really need that for the 15 extra practice days.

7 would be nice and 8 or more and our coaches deserve a small raise.

VFL...GBO!!!

7 is do-able with the 2019 schedule and should be the minimum as far as expectations go. Getting to 8 means we have to create a huge upset along the way....I'm HOPEFUL..but wouldn't bet a hundred dollars on it.
Just keep IMPROVING....and we'll get there.
Where is "there" you ask...it's probably different for everyone, but for me we're "there" when Tennessee is consistently in the Top 10 nationally, often in the Top 5, and ALWAYS in contention for the SEC championship.

Ask me again when we have some idea what our DL is going to look like, lol. I'm cautiously optimistic about the OL, but DL is still such a question mark. We don't know even know if Solomon is going to get a waiver to play. And even if he does, there's not much experience there. I know some won't like it, but we may still be a season away from seeing things start to really come together and gel.
If Solomon does get the waiver to have immediate eligibility, we should have a pretty good d-line. Savion Williams is going to be a beast in this league, I can feel it. Jmo

BYU, KY, nor Vandy who has a winning streak against us including last season are "gimmes" these days for the product UT puts on the gridiron. One of our saving graces with Vandy this year is Shurmur their QB was one we could not hardly find a way to beat (his record of 3-1 against us still bugs me) and he is no longer there.

Reactions: 08Vol
I am legitimately more pessimistic for this season than any I can remember, and I'm not even sure why. I just am not seeing what everyone else is regarding Pruitt. I hope to goodness I'm wrong, but I think we go all season without beating anyone of any consequence. Like if we are lucky, our best win of the year would be Vandy type of season.

BYU, KY, nor Vandy who has a winning streak against us including last season are "gimmes" these days for the product UT puts on the gridiron. One of our saving graces with Vandy this year is Shurmur their QB was one we could not hardly find a way to beat (his record of 3-1 against us still bugs me) and he is no longer there.

Vandy less Shurmur, advantage Tennessee
Ky will take a small step backwards, and they lose to Tennessee like UT looses to Fla. Advantage Tennessee
BYU in Neyland, these are not Lavell Edwards Cougars, advantage Tennessee
S Carolina in Neyland, one day a UT coach will beat a Muschamp coached team, advantage Tennessee.

Sure we could drop one of these games, it's also possible we upset one of the other big boys.
Of course none of these are gimmies, that's why they play the games.

Ga State
UAB
Chatt
Now those three are about as close to gimmies as you can get.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Its really silly to project wins IMO because one can't predict injuries, eligibility, etc which are uncontrollable circumstances and what usually lead some fans to be "disappointed".

Probably but I'm always a little more on the optimistic side. If Pruitt is doing the job I think he is then I'm predicting nine wins.
Pruitt and Chaney and Tee and all the staff can be doing everything right, a great job in fact.....but they just don’t have the players to sniff 9 wins imo.

Vols will be much improved over 2018. So, with a lighter schedule, and an improved team-----------
I’m not sure how the schedule is lighter. We replace an OOC schedule where 1 team can beat us (and WVa did) with and OOC schedule where 2 can beat us (BYU and UAB), although neither team is as good as WVa. And our conference schedule is the same when you figure that MissSt will very likely be favored to beat us the same way Auburn was.

I’m open to hearing how our schedule is “lighter, but without a good argument that is convincing, I really don’t see it.

Last edited:
Vols will be a much better team this season. We bring back the most starters and scoring production of all but one team in NCAA. Jim Chaney as OC is already paying dividends. This will be Year 2 of S&C and a we have very good batch of recruits (many EEs). Despite the concerns with the OL, it will be better this season once we get our starting 5 defined and working together. However, I don't think our DL is as good as many believe after Spring camp either. Really hoping the 2 DTs coming in this fall are as good as they look...and that Solomon gets to play this season. We could use Gibbs speed too as a DB or WR.

Schedule wise: we have a bye week before Georgia and Mizzou.
Georgia, MissSt, Kentucky and UAB have a bye week before our game. SCAR and Mizzou have both Florida and Georgia in the weeks preceding our game. Florida has Kentucky before our game. They also have 3 bye weeks but open season a week early against Miami.

Georgia State, Chattanooga and UAB: We should spank these teams, UAB has the best chance of making game uncomfortably close as it is after four tough SEC games and before Kentucky.

Bama, Florida, Georgia: we are supposed to lose these games. I think under the right circumstances and with a bit of luck that we could pull off an upset of one of them... But those odds aren't that great right now.

WV last season was slightly better than BYU will be this season. And BYU is at Neyland. Win by a 7-10.

I believe Auburn last season was slightly better than MissSt (they lost a ton of starters, NFL caliber starters) this season. MissSt is also at Neyland. Eek out a tough win.

SCAR will be about the same as last season. They lost a lot of playmakers but bring back a good many starters. Home game, close game. I think we have just enough. It is during a tough stretch of games for both teams though.

Kentucky will take a step back this season after heavy attrition but the game is at Lexington. I still expect to win a tough game.

Mizzou lost a bunch of playmakers (QB, WR, & RB) but bring back stud TE, RB Roundtree and grad transfer QB. Supposedly offense is better suited for Bryant. They are on probation so we don't know how motivated they are. Also there could still be some transfers once Spring Semester ends. Game is at Mizzou in late November - ugly weather. I would have to say we are a slight underdog at this time.

Vandy lost everyone who is someone except for Key Shaun Vaughn. Game at Neyland. Revenge will be ours.
Vandy also brings back an nfl tight end in Jared Pinckney (50 catches for 774 yards) and SEC leader in receptions from last year in Kailija Lipscomb. Vandy has beaten us 5 of the last 7 with a roster no one would look at on paper at and think they would....heck, Vaughan didn’t even play against us last year other than 6-7 plays and they beat the hell out of us....until further notice, that’s an L no matter where we play them.

Reactions: 08Vol
I’m not sure how the schedule is lighter. We replace an OOC schedule where 1 team can beat us (and WVa did) with and OOC schedule where 2 can beat us (BYU and UAB), although neither team is as good as WVa. And our conference schedule is the same when you figure that MissSt will very likely be favored to beat us the same way Auburn was.

I’m open to hearing how our schedule is “lighter, but without a good argument that is convincing, I really don’t see it.

It's Soft, not lighter. Should breeze right through it. No worries.

Realistically, 6 is hopefully the worst case and 8 being best case unless we have a true miracle in OL and DL play. We could have bad injuries and fall further, yet we will see that the future is much brighter once we get better players enough time in our system. 3 out of the last 5 years Tennessee hasn't had a player drafted and turning into true challenger's to SEC top will not happen overnight.

I think we drill BYU...with pure athleticism and superior coaching. WVU was full of Highly recruited Power 5 transfer rejects which gave them fuel to compete at a higher level.

Lay wood to Georgia State, Chattanooga and UAB. We should finally put a fork in the gameCocks lucky run. We should beat Kentucky again. There is 6 wins.

Mississippi State will be really tough...but of the teams that have an upset feeling at our hands...they are the one imho.

If the team has any testicular fortitude...it should bring some damn fight to Mizzou and especially Vandy finally. At least one of these should be the final shot to 8 wins before a bowl game.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
BYU is a wash with WVU IMO. The only advantage is we get them at home
Outside of that, I'd say the schedule is about the same as last year. UAB is a very well coached team (almost beat us last time, albeit with a terrible coach)

Per article I read BYU thinks they can start off at 4 & 1 and if so ,with the rest of their schedule could conceivably go 11-1 for the 2019 season.
1557074114503.png

Ask me again when we have some idea what our DL is going to look like, lol. I'm cautiously optimistic about the OL, but DL is still such a question mark. We don't know even know if Solomon is going to get a waiver to play. And even if he does, there's not much experience there. I know some won't like it, but we may still be a season away from seeing things start to really come together and gel.
I'm the other way.

VN Store

Back