Draft Kings has Vols O/U at 9.5

I think y’all are high thinking Bama is gonna lose more than once. My dog could go play QB down there. They are freaking stacked and mad.
They played like crap sometimes with 2 Heisman level guys.

They looked bad in spring of 2022
They looked worse in spring 2023.

They'll be a good team, but they ain't "Bama" right now...

So many things have to go right to win 8 or more games, but I don't think many will be happy with an 8 win season.

Thoughts?

Georgia 11.5
Alabama 10.5
Tennessee 9.5
LSU 9.5
Ole Miss 7.5
Arkansas 7.5
Texas A&M 7.5
South Carolina 6.5
Mississippi State 6.5
Missouri 6.5
Auburn 6.5
Kentucky 6.5
Florida 5.5
Vanderbilt 3.5

I predict a potential 11-1 record with the only loss happening in a close one at Tuscaloosa.

So many things have to go right to win 8 or more games, but I don't think many will be happy with an 8 win season.
agreed.. we could be 7 as easily as we could be 10 ... you just never know... trends are looking better than in the past however... but we all know what happened at SC too

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Is Florida really this bad ? I mean seriously ? If so, just wow. I cannot get my mind around that.
They lost to Oregon St in thier bowl game 30-3 and lost to Vandy just before that....So to answer your question...YES, They are that bad.

I’d have to take the over on that. Hard for me to see a third loss right now, although we won’t really know what we have until the season starts. 9.5 is a good place to put it though, basically making you pick between 9-3 or 10-2. I could see anything from 9-3 to 12-0.

That Georgia number is tough too…it’s hard to bet against them but all they have to do is drop one game and you’re sunk. I’d wince and take the under on them.

Is Florida really this bad ? I mean seriously ? If so, just wow. I cannot get my mind around that.
The one thing I still wonder as a long suffering Vol Fan is…“Can we FINALLY for once run them into the ground when they aren’t very good?“. Even last year, the game was still in doubt late. Granted that was before the team really came into its own against LSU. But for once, I want to meet a mediocre Florida Team, and leave them embarrassed by a 3 TD+ beatdown. Doing that in the swamp this fall would make it even sweeter. It is time to finally and fully banish the Gator Ghost from our collective Vol fears

I thought Milton looked very good on several drives later in the Clemson game. He had touch on the ball that I hadn't seen before from him so that was encouraging. What worries me a little with him is his pocket presence and I'm not sure how mobile he really is. Maybe he's incredibly mobile and we just haven't seen it yet because they were trying to keep him from getting injured after Hendon went down. But yeah if he's not mobile and still struggles with pocket presence, I don't see how we hang with Georgia and probably Alabama for that matter unless the defense improves by leaps and bounds from what it was last year. The OL is a bit of a question mark for me as well.
Pocket presence? Give us some examples please. I thought his pocket presence 9n the throws to Bru and Squirrel in the end zone were text book.

Pocket presence? Give us some examples please. I thought his pocket presence 9n the throws to Bru and Squirrel in the end zone were text book.
From what I recall it was early in the game. I thought he played excellent overall later on, especially those throws to Bru and Squirrel as you pointed out but there were some moments where I thought he held on to the ball too long and the pocket collapsed. It also happened in the first couple games his first year here. I do think he looked lightyears better than that first game or two and at least he's putting some touch on the ball now.

Reactions: Mccage
Thoughts?

Georgia 11.5
Alabama 10.5
Tennessee 9.5
LSU 9.5
Ole Miss 7.5
Arkansas 7.5
Texas A&M 7.5
South Carolina 6.5
Mississippi State 6.5
Missouri 6.5
Auburn 6.5
Kentucky 6.5
Florida 5.5
Vanderbilt 3.5
Does anyone know if this can include postseason wins (bowls)?

Does anyone know if this can include postseason wins (bowls)?

Regular season totals only

Win Totals
Win totals, commonly used in the NFL, college football, and baseball, allow an individual to place on wager on a team’s projected success for the entire regular season. To be clear, over/under on win totals only count for the regular season, not the post-season or pre-season.

I've had the same thought. I mean, I want it to be true but I'm pretty sure they still have plenty of talent? I find it hard to believe they'll only win 5 or 6 games.

They have major issues, particularly at QB, plus a difficult schedule. They are recruiting well currently, but the question is will the Florida fan base be patient with Sun Belt Billy or will they run him off after next year? We shall see.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
They have major issues, particularly at QB, plus a difficult schedule. They are recruiting well currently, but the question is will the Florida fan base be patient with Sun Belt Billy or will they run him off after next year? We shall see.
Yeah I just saw in another thread that they’ve had 26 transfers that included a pretty high number of former highly rated players. Not sure how many were starters but it’s still a depth hit I would think and I know their QB left for the NFL. Maybe they really will suck. Would be nice not to worry about that game anymore.

Reactions: norrislakevol
It's going to be a real interesting season this year. I could see anything from 8-4 to 11-1 being possible.

No they aren’t. I know people wanna make a big deal about their spring game but that’s meaningless. Florida will win at least 7 games this year. The overreactions to IF are almost as bad as ones about Bama being done.
I want them to firmly win 7, no more, no less. Don’t want a quick coaching change, really want to see them wander in wilderness for multiple decades.

I agree! If they fire Napier, they will probably get Lane Kiffin! Don't want that!:eek:

TAMU will be better this season. It will take everything to keep them down on any Saturday.
USCjr has a lesson coming.
UF will be bowl eligible. They have enough to surprise whomever plays them with their B game. That should be the notice for our guys to bring it all, the whole game. Should have learned our lesson last year.

TAMU will be better this season. It will take everything to keep them down on any Saturday.

I have just given up on Jimbo but will say this feels like a make or break year for him regardless of the insane buyout. Due to that I kind of agree that every game will feel like a must win for them. Unless, of course, the team just gives up on Jimbo.

Reactions: SpookyAction

VN Store

Back