Down Go The Zags

at least that should erase the Zags from being a number 1 overall seed...still wouldn't doubt them being a number 1 though...we'll see...

GO VOLS!
The #1 overall isn't really a thing since it is geography-based. Zags are locked into the West Region.

It’s still a thing, that’s how they determine balance in the brackets is they have an actual 1-68 list.
Yeah I know it's technically a factor in that they rate the top teams in order, but geography is a bigger factor. Especially for a team like Gonzaga who is so geographically removed from the other top teams.

uhhh, how about Gonzaga knowing they aren't going to get knocked off of the 1 seed and just laid an egg so one other team from their crappy conference could be a lock into the tourney

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Just saw that score? What happened? Was that the championship game?

Gonzaga didn't need that W to remain a 1 seed. St Mary's Needed It to get in. OBVIOUSLY a little "Help your Conference Get 2 teams In" ! Isn't that so obvious; based on the score? C'mon Man. Gonzo is 20-30 points better than St Mary's. (I just wonder who was privy to the "Fix") I've followed that conference all year; and that was a put up job.

"Once Zion gets back, Vitale and the BBall elites will be treating Zion and Most Holy DUKE,
like Monica treated Bill Clinton! Will be Sickening!! :mad: "

Yep

Yeah there is no love lost between Gonzaga and St. Mary's either. That's the WCC rivalry. No way on earth did they lose to help them out.

And anything that keeps garbage teams like Florida or Alabama out of the tourney, I'm all for.

It's VERY hard to beat any team 3 times. The idea that Gonzaga purposefully lost is just dumb.

Not if you are 30 points better than the opponent. That game looked fishy as hell. Vegas loved it; too. So how does losing to SM help Gonzo? The extra 2 million shared by the Conference? Ya Think? Eliminating a potentially Better team from ------say; the SEC? Big 8, Big 10, ACC? Lot's to ponder. AND the #1seed is a Guarantee. Just watch it play out.

Gonzaga didn't need that W to remain a 1 seed. St Mary's Needed It to get in. OBVIOUSLY a little "Help your Conference Get 2 teams In" ! Isn't that so obvious; based on the score? C'mon Man. Gonzo is 20-30 points better than St Mary's. (I just wonder who was privy to the "Fix") I've followed that conference all year; and that was a put up job.
Lol okay. Black helicopters circling too

Gonzo beat this team by 48 at home, and by 14 @ St Mary's. They don't lose that game IF they want to win. And for those who don't understand the Long arm of Las Vegas; That's just ignorance of the fact. Tournament was held in -----Drumroll---- Las Vegas. Ok now flame away.

Yea. They let their biggest rival beat them for a tourney birth and a claimed conference title. I bet you think we never landed on the moon either.

Man I've watched these teams all year long. You haven't. That's all. Some people think everything is just what it seems. Some Sheep still think Oswald killed Kennedy. lmao.

Lol this must be the first upset the common fans around here have witnessed. Buckle up buddy you'll be in for a wild ride in two weeks if you don't understand that the better team can lose on any given night. It's why it'd be stupid to predict how far our Vols could go. They could literally lose the very first game of the tournament or go all the way. It's just how basketball goes at this time of the year.

Reactions: Lurker
Against great offensive teams slowing down the game and limiting possessions is a very good strategy. Give the St Mary's coach some credit his team responded with enough offense to make it work.

VN Store

Back