Down Go The Zags

HC Randy Bennett did an excellent job with his game plan and his team carried it out to near perfection. He's done a good job since he's been at St. Mary's.

Reactions: OneVolNation
@Freak
Just saw that score? What happened? Was that the championship game?

Yes, the West Coast Conference championship.

Jordan Hunter (Center for St. Mary's) was a beast in that game. I know Jordan Ford impressed me too with the guard play and he'll get the press because he's the star and made some impressive shots. Jordan Hunter was just as impressive to me with a block against the backboard, posting up for a rebound and the put back drawing the foul for the "and 1", a sweet turn around hook shot that was nothing but nylon (all in one fluid motion looked so smooth it was ballet) and flat out hustling to make plays in critical moments.

The guard, Jordan Ford, hit the floor and then picked himself up and made a 3, and another player whose name I can't remember right now made a shot between 1 second and 0 as the shot clock expired that sustained momentum when it looked like the Zags were making the stop to mount a comeback. Gonzaga got it back to a 5 point game after a timeout, but the last 5 minutes, St. Mary's just refused to let them do anything offensively.

Reactions: Freak
Just saw that score? What happened? Was that the championship game?
It was. Shots weren't falling. Didn't get Rui involved in the second half. Norvell went Lamonte in the second half, kept jacking up 3s even tho his shot wasn't falling. St. Mary's just played well. GU beat them by 40+ earlier in the year, so I was a bit surprised at this outcome. I still expect them to be in the Final Four.

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back