Doris Burke

MikeHamiltonFan

I fear she will be calling the championship game as well.

It is nice to watch VCU beat UCLA.

Skylar McBee would beat Candace Parker 1 on 1.

I despise listening to Dickie Vitale like very few people in the universe, yet he beats Doris Burke 100 times out of 100.

I believe I would enjoy listening to 1 female in the world commenting on a mens college basketball game, and she is busy right now coaching our Lady Vols.

Doris is incredibly irritating to listen to.

In the spirit of thankfulness, I will say that I am at least grateful that it is not Barbara Walters calling this game, or Barbara Streisand giving color commentary plus unwanted political opinions.

Last edited:
Doris Burke (born January 4, 1965) is a sideline reporter and color analyst for ESPN college basketball as well as ESPN and NBA on ABC NBA games. She is also an analyst for WNBA games on MSG, and has worked on New York Knicks games, becoming the first female to be an analyst for NBA games.
[edit]Biography

Born in West Islip, New York and raised in Manasquan, New Jersey, Burke reportedly was the first woman to be a color analyst for a New York Knicks game on radio and on television, the first woman to be an analyst for a Big East men's game, and the first woman to be the primary analyst on a men's College basketball conference package.
She is a former basketball player and graduate of Providence College where she was named College's Female Athlete of the Year, and was the fifth woman inducted into the Providence College Hall of Fame.

Doris Burke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey Doris, no matter how much free promotion is given to it, I will never ever ever care about the WNBA except when I get pissed off because I think the score tracker on ESPN is something I care about it and it ends up being a trick because it is just a team that is a part of the womens league.

You have no business calling a men's game.

Feminists would have a dandy time with this thread, lol.

But, yeah, female commentators on men's sports games can be really irritating.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Heebs I wondered if there was something I did not know about her that justified her job, but no she is not a transgendered person who used to play in the NCAA or NBA, or someone who has coached men at a high level.

If ESPN employed no women broadcasters they'd have an unwanted problem on their hands.

I do not mind ESPN relentlessly pumping inferior basketball because I can ignore the WNBA.

I also do not mind female anchors on Sportscenter or female sideline reporters asking idiotic questions of coaches. I thought Erin Andrews actually asked good questions and did her research.

I do really mind having to listen to a screeching harpie when I am trying to watch my team play.

She looks like that chick that was on Seinfeld with the big arse hands (episode) and she has big hands

You gotta admit that she was first tonight to compliment the Vols's play and she stuck with the compliments throughout (deserved, of course). We've hardly faired better with, say, Vitale or Bilas.

What was with her new phrases of "dribble drop" & "dribble drove" and her new word "attitudal"...Without being "gender biased" she really has no place doing NCAA men's telecasts, no matter the team...JMO...Maybe the best part of the telecast though was "Fran's Super Secret Playbook" which was nothing more than a replay of the SIMPLEST play in BB, the pick and roll...That was astounding:ermm:

VN Store

Back