DONT YOU THINK

rsm

Dont you think that the head coach of any team would want his offense and defense coordinator's to be someone he knew and could be comfortable with?

Dont you think that the head coach of any team would want his offense and defense coordinator's to be someone he knew and could be comfortable with?
I don’t think they should be best buddies, but I think if I was selecting a new coach, I would vent all coaches who were leaders in their position expertise. If he was the right choice and did well, I think we would likely become good friend#.

Last edited:
I still believe that AD Danny White and HCJH are both still stunned at how many coaches are telling them NO THANKS especially wen tey seem to have te go ahead to be offering really good $$$ to their coaching prospects.

I'm still stunned that AD Danny White had the approval to offer $8 Million per year for a 5 year contract and coaches were saying NO THANKS to a $40 Million contract.

That, more than anything, tells me how far down we've fallen as a potential coaching destination.

That's really sad even though I totally understand that not knowing how badly the useless NCAA is going to hammer us is a really big deal to HC prospects.

I also heard that the UT Admin was willing to add into the contract a clause that said the HC contract could be extended to add more years based on how hard the NCAA hit us and they STILL turned us down.

I know it's going to be a long, tough climb back up the mountain but now it also seems that the mountain is much steeper than I figured.

I have to wonder is AD White and HCJH are wishing now that they hadn't jumped into this raging dumpster fire.

Time will tell but I still feel pretty good about our new AD and HC.

VFL...GBO!!!

The UT job just plain sucks. It has been proven over and over the last 15 years. Why would a good coach want to come here and have to play politics with the group of big boosters and deal with the absolute imbeciles that we have in the university administration? On top of that, the fanbase will be extremely hostile and the program would be difficult to run without all the other stuff.

Coaches just don’t want the UT job. We just tarred and feathered our own HC to avoid paying his contract. Ruined his college coaching prospects. If I’m a talented coach, I’m staying the hell away from Knoxville.

If I were the HC I would want someone who understood my scheme and has the same philosophy and desire to win. This isn’t college friends. It’s college football. Our real concern should be how to navigate the righteous scalpel and remove Haslam and his ilk.

Jimmy Haslam has been popped for price fixing during a national disaster and popped for denying rebates to customers too stupid (they thought) to catch them. He and his pillar of sycophants are our real problem.

Coaches who let their employer talk them out of a new opportunity probably arent really the kind of coach you are looking for anyway. Scared people dont make good decisions.

When I was 34, with a mortgage, married with two children I made a career changing decision that actually paid me less money. (and a hell of alot less than what Washington was offered). My employer (a fortune 500 Company) tried to talk me out of it but I knew this was the road I needed to take in order to own my own business later, which I did, and made significantly more money, freedom and opportunity than if I'd stayed working with my orginial employer.

Pruitt wasn't capable of running a major college football program. He ruined himself. Phil Fulmer did nothing to help Pruitt.

Reactions: wmcovol
And how many assistant or position coaches has UT gone through in last few years. If I was looking for a job that I could use as a stepping stone to a coordinator or head coaching job, I would stay away from UT.
We are or at least have recently been a job killer for coaches.
It is going to take a few years before UT becomes a sought after place for coaches. Right now we stink. Let's hope staff can find some good coaches willing to take a chance. We need to support them to help turn our image around.

Last edited:
1613055826975.png

Values are at the core of you. Of me. Of Josh Heupel. Of his future DC and OC. They drive our beliefs.

You and I walk up on some situation...we see and hear all the same things. And yet because of the differences in our value systems, you'll believe one thing should be done in response, I'll believe something different should be done. And so we will behave differently. Our behaviors are driven by our beliefs, just as our beliefs are driven by our values. So you'll start doing one thing, while I do another. We'll be pulling our team in two different directions.

A team being pulled in two different directions is not good.

So not only does Josh have to know his OC and DC and be comfortable with them, they have to share his values. For it to work over the long term.

Last edited:
Coaches just don’t want the UT job. We just tarred and feathered our own HC to avoid paying his contract. Ruined his college coaching prospects. If I’m a talented coach, I’m staying the hell away from Knoxville.
Actually, the said coach and previous athletic director sunk the program. If you think that UT should not have carried out the investigation then another school in the SEC would have turned it in to the NCAA and we would have been nailed.

Hopefully, UT will take the collateral information in the investigation to the SEC and NCAA to show that operations at UT were not different from other major SEC programs but we cleaned up our act and it is time to address the other programs. And if we have to share the information with the media.

And how many assistant or position coaches has UT gone through in last few years. If I was looking for a job that I could use as a stepping stone to a coordinator or head coaching job, I would stay away from UT.
We are or at least have recently been a job killer for coaches.
It is going to take a few years before UT becomes a sought after place for coaches. Right now we stink. Let's hope staff can find some good coaches willing to take a chance. We need to support them to help turn our image around.
Can you name any UT ex-coaches who are now not coaching?

I still believe that AD Danny White and HCJH are both still stunned at how many coaches are telling them NO THANKS especially wen tey seem to have te go ahead to be offering really good $$$ to their coaching prospects.

I'm still stunned that AD Danny White had the approval to offer $8 Million per year for a 5 year contract and coaches were saying NO THANKS to a $40 Million contract.

That, more than anything, tells me how far down we've fallen as a potential coaching destination.

That's really sad even though I totally understand that not knowing how badly the useless NCAA is going to hammer us is a really big deal to HC prospects.

I also heard that the UT Admin was willing to add into the contract a clause that said the HC contract could be extended to add more years based on how hard the NCAA hit us and they STILL turned us down.

I know it's going to be a long, tough climb back up the mountain but now it also seems that the mountain is much steeper than I figured.

I have to wonder is AD White and HCJH are wishing now that they hadn't jumped into this raging dumpster fire.

VFL...GBO!!!

Amazing how some forum members know so much. Me I don't have any direct knowledge of how many, or if any, coaches have turned down an offer , I think that is only know to less than 5 people. A thread is devoted to Jimmy Hyams lack of knowledge, and then there is this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Forman

VFL...GBO!!!

If you consider the complexities and challenges that come with the Tennessee job; it makes total sense. If you are already making millions of dollars and have security; why risk your career to make a few million more? This job is not even close to being as good as the fans want to believe it is.

Talk about denial. He was fired because he was cheating, his own fault.

now with that said, we will never get a coach

VN Store

Back