Don't forget Volleyball Friday 11/2 at Ole Miss

Looks like a repeat of the Georgia game and the LVs still asleep on the bus! Lose 25-21 first set

LVs lead 21-17 and lost the lead 21-23 and came roaring back to win set 3. Lost concentration and nearly gave up the ghost! Can they win the next and then go back to sleep?

Reactions: Ladyvol777
It's clear that our girls are now the hunted and we are going to get every team's best every time out. We are eventually going to get burned on this habit of starting slow and giving up the first set, then having to fight like crazy to get back in the match.

Still, you gotta love the outcome when they take three straight sets to win the match in four. That's just good volleyball!

With the win, we move to 10-2 in the SEC, 19-5 overall and in a tie with the Gators for second place. Might get a bump in our NCAA standings if we can take care of TA&M at home on Sunday.

Tessa Grubbs had 22 kills, Ady Rowe had 17 and Erica Treiber had 14. Sedona Hansen had 32 assists, and Callie Williams had 21. Madison Coulter had 15 digs and Brooke Schumacher had 11.

Not our best match by far, but good enough to win!

Last edited:
I think Ole Miss's record belies its competitiveness. There is a lot of parity in the conference even though it's not the level of the Big Ten, of course. Florida has been dominant for so long, and Kentucky has been rock solid through the years. The rest of the pack is fairly even right now and every team can be a tough out. I feel that Tennessee is about to find itself program-wise and regain its former stature in the league.

Tonight, despite its slow start and uneven play, I think Tennessee showed a lot of poise to win this match. Ole Miss is a physical, hard-hitting team. They were playing at home. The refs put the handcuffs on us emotionally when they tagged Colter with a yellow card (Are you kidding me?!!!). Hansen went out with a bloody nose and didn't return. Lily(Hammer) Felts was on the sideline for much of the match. With all things considered, it was big to get out of Oxford with a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangeVol
I think Ole Miss's record belies its competitiveness. There is a lot of parity in the conference even though it's not the level of the Big Ten, of course. Florida has been dominant for so long, and Kentucky has been rock solid through the years. The rest of the pack is fairly even right now and every team can be a tough out. I feel that Tennessee is about to find itself program-wise and regain its former stature in the league.

Tonight, despite its slow start and uneven play, I think Tennessee showed a lot of poise to win this match. Ole Miss is a physical, hard-hitting team. They were playing at home. The refs put the handcuffs on us emotionally when they tagged Colter with a yellow card (Are you kidding me?!!!). Hansen went out with a bloody nose and didn't return. Lily(Hammer) Felts was on the sideline for much of the match. With all things considered, it was big to get out of Oxford with a win.
Yes I suppose she did. I wondered why she was on the line most of the game and watching. She will be an AA before it is all said and done I think. I know it looked liked we missed her and OM had some of the most explosive big girls as any team I have seen and I have seen every game we played. JMHO

Reactions: StrangeVol
I agree with you two, in particular about the hard hitters on Ole Miss' side. They had some big girls that really hammered the ball through most of our blocks as if they weren't there. Impressive, to say the least. I hope Sedona's nose isn't broken. A broken nose can be a very disabling injury and make you really shy away from any contact. Oh yeah, that yellow card was trash. A warning at the most.

I as well hope Sedona is ok but she is tough as nails so she may sit a match or two. I got the last part of the yellow card, was that on her for the excitement shown on the court? If so weak mind of the refs in my opinion. I will also add that these reviews have to be going 75% against us this year. Some not even close to being right! JMHO as always!

The yellow was given for "taking through the net" which apparently is not allowed in volleyball. So how does one tell if you are in fact "talking through the net" or talking to your teammates while facing the net? I guess next we'll ban "trash talking" on the football field and basketball courts. Those soccer ladies get pretty "salty" too. What about them?

Good grief.

Piss Poor interpretation of the rule if you ask me. I guess you have to put your back to the net to cheer your teammates!

VN Store

Back