The Impeachment Thread

It's obvious that we haven't used impeachment nearly enough, then. Considering all of congress, the judicial and executive branches, we should just have an Inquisition and gallows, stocks, and cages lining the mall.
At various times in their administration, I have been pissed at each of the presidents in my living memory (4). For the first two of them, that was based on disagreements over policy (patriot act, drone strikes, ACA, NBC Nightly News ran the fleecing of America series during Clinton admin, as I recall, and I remember being livid over some of that.)

Fast & Furious and basically the entire Trump Administration are the only times I’ve worried about the process of enacting that policy. The breakdown of checks and balances. The idea that we’re all frogs in the same big pot.

Granted, I was too ignorant through most of the Obama admin to understand the difference and realize that he was building on Bush’s use of executive power, which was built on Clinton’s use, etc., but I sincerely worry that when “conservatives” are supporting a president like Trump, we are in deep **** and headed for deeper ****. Maybe that’s just inexperience but I seriously wonder if Kamala Harris and Beto has some gun owners incarcerated would the Trump era cause progressives to say “but Trump!” Just as hard as you’re saying “but Obama.”

Federalism is what we need to be pushing for. We don’t need some hardass executive that breaks the checks and balances and makes it easier for the federal government to regulate the entire country. Especially unilaterally.

JMO.

At various times in their administration, I have been pissed at each of the presidents in my living memory (4). For the first two of them, that was based on disagreements over policy (patriot act, drone strikes, ACA, NBC Nightly News ran the fleecing of America series during Clinton admin, as I recall, and I remember being livid over some of that.)

Fast & Furious and basically the entire Trump Administration are the only times I’ve worried about the process of enacting that policy. The breakdown of checks and balances. The idea that we’re all frogs in the same big pot.

Granted, I was too ignorant through most of the Obama admin to understand the difference and realize that he was building on Bush’s use of executive power, which was built on Clinton’s use, etc., but I sincerely worry that when “conservatives” are supporting a president like Trump, we are in deep **** and headed for deeper ****. Maybe that’s just inexperience but I seriously wonder if Kamala Harris and Beto has some gun owners incarcerated would the Trump era cause progressives to say “but Trump!” Just as hard as you’re saying “but Obama.”

Federalism is what we need to be pushing for. We don’t need some hardass executive that breaks the checks and balances and makes it easier for the federal government to regulate the entire country. Especially unilaterally.

JMO.
There might be some points of contention, but good post.

JMO.

If you ever listen to a historian named Brion McClanahan on his podcast or in his books, he makes a very compelling case ( in which I agree) that every single president elected since 1900 should have been impeached.

So Biden visited Ukraine 13 times in 24 months including 3 days before the end of Obama administration?...his son Hunter made at least 600k there even though he had no experience in region and had been recently identified as an illegal drug user and being thrown out of the Navy...watch this doc and then tell me there doesn't need to be an investigation.

I think they are going to claim Rudy is bat **** crazy and did everything all on his own. Then use his own media appearances as proof.
MerryHeartyBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: volfanhill
I'm trying to figure out the rules for when it's good for family members of powerful politicians to make lots of money, and when it's corruption.

If its a Republican it is shrewd, and how dare you question it!!! If its a Democrat it obviously has to be corruption.

JMO.

I agree with regard to executive over reach. But I think it’s a giant tug of war between the executive and the legislative to take more power. It’s just easier for the executive branch to do it. I think neither should have more power and most of this crap should be left to the states. Now, as a business person, this would create more headaches for my company. We operate in 50 states, so it’s easier when we just have to follow fed guidelines. But that’s irrelevant to what should be happening.

VN Store

Back