The Impeachment Thread

You got to realize how these conspiracy theories work. Fundamentally, they're non-falsifiable. If the investigation had found intentional misconduct, the tin-foil hatters would say "see, I told you so." If the investigation finds no intentional misconduct, it's just further evidence of the deep state cover-up. Either way, the theory lives on.
Totally believable that the smartest women in American politics didn't know it was bad comm sec to have an unsecured server I her home. Totally. #believeher

Reactions: AM64
A lot of people up there in Washington think & feel what Democrats are doing is a sham & a big phony joke to the American people. So they've decided not to play into their little gotcha games which to some is a big waste of time & effort on their part so they're giving the Dems the middle finger sort of & thumbing their noses at the Democrats for their smugness & arrogance that the Dems thinking that they're far superior to others.

No, not a lot of people, just Trump and his minions.

Like it or not, just because Trump thinks he's King of the U. S., he's still only one of three co-equal branches of government. I realize the Constitution only has importance to you when it's convienient, but for most Americans it still carrys weight. The people's representatives have subpoena power granted to them by law, full stop.

Shirking and ducking this lawful excercise by Congress may 'feel' good because 'f the dems' but it is immensely damaging to the Republic and sets a terrible prececedent. The irony in your statement about the "smugness and arrogance" can't be understated, refusing to bear witness or testify is nothing short of believing his position and those in his circle are above the law. This is the difference between a Constitutional Republic and a Banana Republic.

I don't recall anyone refusing to show up when the right subpoenaed people. Clintons Benghazi testimony comes to mind... Next time it may be the Dems thumbimg their nose, what then?

Well, Biden lost his job, and then didn't run last time, so junior couldn't deliver. Usually in situations like that Mafia types want their money back or some good old fashioned revenge.

I have no doubt that Hunter was brought on board for his name. But for some to assume criminality without some particular evidence, just plays into Trump's conspiracy nonsense. Apparently he can count on his base, and those in Congress under his thumb, to buy anything he's selling.

I have no doubt that Hunter was brought on board for his name. But for some to assume criminality without some particular evidence, just plays into Trump's conspiracy nonsense. Apparently he can count on his base, and those in Congress under his thumb, to buy anything he's selling.
I'm sure that Burisma probably just wanted him for his ability to snort a line.

Reactions: AM64 and VolnJC
I suppose you think Bided got them to drop a nonexistent investigation into his son? You have proven to perpetuate falsehoods as truths as well.
So you aren’t ok making assumptions about Biden’s intentions and I get that. Why doesn’t the same apply to Trump? Everyone assumes his intentions are to eliminate Biden when he says he’s looking into 2016 corruption.

So you aren’t ok making assumptions about Biden’s intentions and I get that. Why doesn’t the same apply to Trump? Everyone assumes his intentions are to eliminate Biden when he says he’s looking into 2016 corruption.
Trump looking into 2016 corruption is laughable.

Trump looking into 2016 corruption is laughable.
Why? He has absolutely no reason to fear running against Biden and Biden isn’t even leading anymore so it is far from a guarantee that would be his opponent. Trump believes he was wrongly accused of things related to the 2016 election and he wants to get to the bottom of it. Whether true or not there’s no question he thinks it’s true so how is it a stretch to think that is exactly what he is doing? To me it is much more of a stretch to assume he is trying to eliminate Biden as an opponent.

Or the Dems could do like the GOP asks and release the full transcripts as opposed of leaking only favorable or misleading testimony

I imagine the leaks are coming from Nunes, dropping pages of notes, as he trips over the curbs, frantically running to the back door of the White House.

Or the Dems could do like the GOP asks and release the full transcripts as opposed of leaking only favorable or misleading testimony

LOL, NOW the right wants full transcripts?!

Remember when the Mueller reports was trampled on and chopped up like an 80's mix tape by Barr?

You'll get memo's and you'll like it.

Reactions: zeppelin128
I imagine the leaks are coming from Nunes, dropping pages of notes, as he trips over the curbs, frantically running to the back door of the White House.

They act like the only people in the room is Schiff, Pelosi a bunch of CNN reporters and Rachel Maddow..

VN Store

Back