The Impeachment Thread

Those texts were manipulated by Schiff the oversight committee called him out on it and they deleted the Tweet...here is the full transcript Volker makes it clear he witnessed no Quid Pro Quo

That’s actually just the transcript of his opening statement which was entered into the record. After that drop they questioned him over 8 hours. And he amplified context on the two big “gotcha” texts which Schitt put out of context and completely disarmed them.

There is no there there.

Additionally the three stooges Schitt, Cummings, and Engel issued a 25 page summary last night in which they included the statement below. Within the context of “disclosing more” overnight they pulled down that original 25 page report and reissued a 9 page version this morning when it blew up on them. Less information that still has the paragraph below 😂

EEB3501C-789B-44AB-A20C-835CBB27A6FE.jpeg

Reactions: FallCreekVols
We call that a quid-pro-quo. Something of importance was offered to the Ukraine in exchange for investigating something which might be of a personal benefit to Trump. You can't get around the obvious conflict of interest associated with the President of the United States asking the leader of a foreign government to investigate alleged actions in an election THAT HE WAS A CANDIDATE IN.
Kurt Volker disagrees. And he is the accepted expert on this matter.

E2BD8D12-A756-4B6B-A4FD-5E155AD0C1F1.gif

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
...and about that hold on military aid to the Ukraine, which was placed just days before the July 25th phone call between Trump and Zelensky? I don't expect to ever get a straight answer on that. Because it was clearly used as leverage.

Reactions: zeppelin128
...and about that hold on military aid to the Ukraine, which was placed just days before the July 25th phone call between Trump and Zelensky? I don't expect to ever get a straight answer on that. Because it was clearly used as leverage.
How so... you sound too confident. Step back a bit and try to see it from another perspective.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Which of the seven excuses... er....alternative explanations Trump has given for the hold up have you decided to perpetuate?
Donnie is doing the work that the idiots in your party should have already done... but of course they could not as that would be akin to building the gallows to hang themselves.

I'll stand with that... your move.

Volker answered that also and explained that he never even brought it up to Zelensky because it was going to be cleared. They actually read about it in an article and the advisor asked Volker via text and he said they needed to talk and he explained it. It was, again, within the context of insuring the new administration was serious on addressing broad corruption before we aligned with them and released the money. Zelensky as even made a public statement he didn’t know it was on hold and it is consistent with Volker’s explanation. And while Volker wasn’t in favor of the hold he understood and supported the Trump admins concern that the new Ukraine admin was serious on corruption. THANKS RUDY!

Reactions: AirVol
Donnie is doing the work that the idiots in your party should have already done... but of course they could not as that would be akin to building the gallows to hang themselves.

I'll stand with that... your move.

How can I argue with Donnie and Rudy, Crime Stoppers? Thank God they are out there investigating international crime for us.

Have you not seen WaPo’s story on Ron Johnson today?

Schiff didn't delete his tweet. It's still on his account and it still reveals a quid-pro-quo understanding by Volker. And once again, why did Trump place a hold on military aid to the Ukraine after it had been approved by Congress? I haven't seen a sufficient explanation yet.
Well I guess he is doubling down on his lie...nothing new for him.

This is more Talking Points from MSNBC and the DNC that you relay out.........good job BB85.

How can I argue with Donnie and Rudy, Crime Stoppers? Thank God they are out there investigating international crime for us.
I'm sure it is just a random coincidence that investigating "corruption" concerns Biden and Warren solely. I mean, they asked Trump if they were going after people that weren't his political rivals today, and he said he didn't know for sure.

Yeah, this is all on the up and up, I'm sure..

Exactly. So Trump can be guilty without an explicit quid pro quo.
So you’re really going to try a “yeah it was in the proper context of our policy but Trump benefited too” sales job? You think the Dims have any credibility left to sell that? Good luck. Anybody that would buy it is already on board with impeachment while everybody else will just go “oh FFS 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: VolnJC
Now your getting it... but to be sure, put a bit more umph behind it... some may think you may be just pulling legs here.

So you’re really going to try a “yeah it was in the proper context of our policy but Trump benefited too” sales job? You think the Dims have any credibility to sell that? Good luck.
Nooooooo. I don’t agree that it was in the proper context of our policy? Where did I say that?

I made a post about this a few days ago:

It doesn’t matter whether they had an explicit quid pro quo. US foreign relations always has an implicit or explicit quid pro quo. Like you just said, it should be that way.

The key question is: who benefits from the thing we get in return?

Nooooooo. I don’t agree that it was in the proper context of our policy? Where did I say that?

I made a post about this a few days ago:

It doesn’t matter whether they had an explicit quid pro quo. US foreign relations always has an implicit or explicit quid pro quo. Like you just said, it should be that way.

The key question is: who benefits from the thing we get in return?
“Oh FFS 🤦‍♂️

C’mon you saw that coming 😬
Edit: maybe you didn’t see that coming since you quoted before I edited that in. Oh well.

But I don’t agree. So the counter argument would be since we can’t afford the appearance of impropriety by Trump we cannot risk a validation effort so just cut the money loose. No. As long as there’s a valid predication for the decision that should be good enough. Not saying it won’t prevent people from trying your argument. But I dont buy the merit of it.

I haven't had any of our Red Hat friends comment on the numerous comments in the Volker testimony released today that Joe Biden was yet again exonerated from wrong-doing concerning Ukraine. I mean, since this is the "slam-dunk" that clears Trump, shouldn't his comments be taken as fact and clear Biden as well?

VN Store

Back