Donnie Tyndall is back in CBB

Reactions: Pacer92
Interesting that he was the hire a week ago and the president of the school shot it down, guessing the AD was able to convince them to approve if.

Interesting that he was the hire a week ago and the president of the school shot it down, guessing the AD was able to convince them to approve if.

He was inline for the northwest florida job last year iirc but decided to go the Dleague. Interesting he went the other direction this time

Good to see Donnie back in the college game.
Won't be too much longer before he's coaching another SEC team.
Vanderbilt?
Missouri?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Do you think he would still be coaching the BasketVols it he wouldn't have been in trouble with the NCAA?
Senior Drill says yes.

I didn't care for his brand of bball, but that's jmo. Sticking to the 1-3-1 defensive philosophy led to a record number of opposing teams making 3's from the corner that year (or at least it seems like it did).

Good to see Donny back in the college game.
Won't be too much longer before he's coaching another SEC team.
Vanderbilt?
Missouri?

I think that he'd fit right in at Auburn.

When he left UT I thought that he was about as slimy as any NCAA coach ever was. I've done a 180 and know think that he'd be perfect for a lot of soulless programs.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I liked him in his one year at UT. Bummer that he had troubles follow him to UT, but we got a good one in Barnes because of it. But good for Donnie.
Troubles of his own doing. He clumsily cheated to win at Southern Miss. No telling how much he was prepared to upscale at this level.

VN Store

Back