Donnie Tyndall hired as head coach

Quinn Snyder got himself run out of Mizzou as HC and landed as a D-league coach. Now he’s the Jazz HC.

Problem with this statement is he was never clean. We should have never hired him.
Yup. I always questioned the search firm approach, until we hired this guy. Yes, he can coach, but man he was shady as hell.

Reactions: Lurker
I really believe had he stayed and remained clean, UT basketball would have been successful. The guy can flat out coach.

If he wouldn't have switched up his defensive system I don't think that he would have had much success. The SEC level coaches with SEC level talent figured it out pretty quickly. It was fine for a mid-major and versus an occasional major that didn't spend a lot of time preparing for it, but counting on teams to go cold from 3 wasn't a valid philosophy at this level.

Apartments to players who were not yet on scholarship, if I remember correctly
That’s what I thought. That’s extremely cool of him and just another reason why the NCAA needs to be abolished. Dude got a 10 year show cause for providing housing. Pathetic

Reactions: michael_scott
That’s what I thought. That’s extremely cool of him and just another reason why the NCAA needs to be abolished. Dude got a 10 year show cause for providing housing. Pathetic

I seem to recall that his assistants were also taking online exams and writing papers for players and recruits. How the man was not properly vetted for the position of head coach has me still scratching my head.

I seem to recall that his assistants were also taking online exams and writing papers for players and recruits. How the man was not properly vetted for the position of head coach has me still scratching my head.
Agree. Worst vetting job in history. He can coach, but 2 phone calls and a google search should have equaled unhireable

Reactions: VolNExile
Agree. Worst vetting job in history. He can coach, but 2 phone calls and a google search should have equaled unhireable

To be fair, I don't think that info was out yet and there wasn't an NCAA investigation yet. But, I do agree that there probably could have been more research done and phone calls made.

To be fair, I don't think that info was out yet and there wasn't an NCAA investigation yet. But, I do agree that there probably could have been more research done and phone calls made.
You always wonder, but when it started to come out all the national guys were saying how this was well known information in recruiting circles.

Reactions: Ace

VN Store

Back