Donate and join Tennessee’s NIL here (link provided)

Defcon5

Have you went to the site??
I donate $25 a month. If students athletes get 75% of that it is higher than most charity’s. It’s going to take probably 50m to make us a top ten in recruiting. Maybe 100m to be top 5. Like it or not the bidding war is coming. Look at our competition. All have rich boosters with deep pockets.

DeerPark12

Apparently, the word is that the UT admin has put the kybosh on the NIL stuff. Hence our lack of recruiting traction/movement. As crazy as that sounds, there would be NOTHING more UT than for the Admin to absolutely destroy any momentum we have. We are...
If this interference with Spyre continues, they may get fed up with UT and move on. I can see it now. I hope that some of the more influential donors get on White Danny's ass asap and tell him to back off!
Absolutely, 100% false.

Defcon5

I donate $25 a month. If students athletes get 75% of that it is higher than most charity’s. It’s going to take probably 50m to make us a top ten in recruiting. Maybe 100m to be top 5. Like it or not the bidding war is coming. Look at our competition. All have rich boosters with deep pockets.
I also meant to add to a previous poster that I would like to see some transparency as to where money goes.

tnvolfan16

Absolutely, 100% false.
Is it? come on, it is the UT administration were talking about. which of these two statements, in your opinion, is more likely to be true based on what we know about how things have gone over there in the last 20 years:

1) Danny White and UT administration are 100% behind SPYRE and NIL as inducement for recruiting, as long as any thing done is within legal limits as the laws are written and will defend any actions of SPYRE as long as they fall in the legal limits
2) Danny White and UT administration has told SPYRE that due to all the noise from opposing coaches, conference commissioners, and national media, it is best that they limit any NIL opportunities to athletes already on campus and enrolled in school to protect the school from any future changes to NIL

tnvolfan16

I agree that statement is false also. No way they pay Nico supposedly 8m & kill nil. I think recruiting is slow because TN is recruiting higher rated players that don’t commit early.
i think a lot has changed since that deal was signed. kinda like what kevin costner said in draft day, 'we live in a different world than we did back then'

DeerPark12

Is it? come on, it is the UT administration were talking about. which of these two statements, in your opinion, is more likely to be true based on what we know about how things have gone over there in the last 20 years:

1) Danny White and UT administration are 100% behind SPYRE and NIL as inducement for recruiting, as long as any thing done is within legal limits as the laws are written and will defend any actions of SPYRE as long as they fall in the legal limits
2) Danny White and UT administration has told SPYRE that due to all the noise from opposing coaches, conference commissioners, and national media, it is best that they limit any NIL opportunities to athletes already on campus and enrolled in school to protect the school from any future changes to NIL
Well, it’s neither. The NCAA rules say that UT cannot communicate with Spyre to use them as an inducement in recruiting. However, there is nothing that prevents them or the collective for any other school from making an offer to any person, recruit or otherwise. The loophole is very simply that all of these deals will require personal appearances in a specific city. That’s how they are getting around these deals being tied to enrollment in a school or participation on a team, which is not allowed. There’s no regulation over deals that require a person to make appearances in a specific place. And since NIL is legal for high school students in most states as well, the NCAA cannot prohibit collectives from talking to high school students, as long as it is allowed by state law we are applicable.

In case I’m not being clear, a collective or a business itself can’t tell a kid that if they sign with Tennessee they will get X number of dollars every year. They can tell them that if they live in Knoxville, there will be the opportunity for them to make X number of public appearances for X number of dollars. That’s legal, as long as the school itself is not using it as part of their recruiting pitch. But the collectives are very specific in wording the agreements to require those appearances or autograph sessions or whatever to occur at a time that a person must be in the city where they would be participating in a sport. It’s all in the margins, but the reality is that the NCAA cannot regulate who can talk to people, that’s just not legal. They can limit what coaches and other representatives of their member schools can do, but they can’t stop you and I from doing it and expect for it to stand up in court.

BigALWiLson

You can't compare John Q Public's donation to a college to a billionaire NFL team owner though. That's not a fair comparison. Besides, the NFL has a pretty good idea of who can play and who cannot by the time Juniors in college are entering the draft, so the chances of him being a bust go down significantly.

If they have all these clauses, then Spyre should just publicly say so. They don't have to go into detail. Just state its there to protect the interests of Spyre and its donor base. It would ease a lot of people's minds and probably result in a lot more donations by fiscally conservative folks like myself.
Really ? They bust out all the time or become problems and get kicked out/ suspended. Id say the success rate in the NFL is probably around 60% based on whos drafted overall and how many ever contribute. I doubt it is much higher than the average class in college. I don't have those numbers

tnvolfan16

Well, it’s neither. The NCAA rules say that UT cannot communicate with Spyre to use them as an inducement in recruiting. However, there is nothing that prevents them or the collective for any other school from making an offer to any person, recruit or otherwise. The loophole is very simply that all of these deals will require personal appearances in a specific city. That’s how they are getting around these deals being tied to enrollment in a school or participation on a team, which is not allowed. There’s no regulation over deals that require a person to make appearances in a specific place. And since NIL is legal for high school students in most states as well, the NCAA cannot prohibit collectives from talking to high school students, as long as it is allowed by state law we are applicable.

In case I’m not being clear, a collective or a business itself can’t tell a kid that if they sign with Tennessee they will get X number of dollars every year. They can tell them that if they live in Knoxville, there will be the opportunity for them to make X number of public appearances for X number of dollars. That’s legal, as long as the school itself is not using it as part of their recruiting pitch. But the collectives are very specific in wording the agreements to require those appearances or autograph sessions or whatever to occur at a time that a person must be in the city where they would be participating in a sport. It’s all in the margins, but the reality is that the NCAA cannot regulate who can talk to people, that’s just not legal. They can limit what coaches and other representatives of their member schools can do, but they can’t stop you and I from doing it and expect for it to stand up in court.
so you believe that there is no communication in any way between UT coaches and people with SPYRE. you think that UT has their wish list of recruits and SPYRE has a list the make offers to and it is just fate and chance when those two lists match up. that sounds like what you think, and if so you must be danny white using a burner account

VOLfrombama

Really ? They bust out all the time or become problems and get kicked out/ suspended. Id say the success rate in the NFL is probably around 60% based on whos drafted overall and how many ever contribute. I doubt it is much higher than the average class in college. I don't have those numbers
So I looked it up and you're right about one thing, the stats are similar between drafted plyers and HS recruits actually contributing. However there is still great disparity between a billionaire organization losing money on a draft pick and donors losing money on a system that is still in its infancy with little to no transparency. Besides, NFL organizations can easily get their money back, assuming they aren't blithering idiots.

DeerPark12

so you believe that there is no communication in any way between UT coaches and people with SPYRE. you think that UT has their wish list of recruits and SPYRE has a list the make offers to and it is just fate and chance when those two lists match up. that sounds like what you think, and if so you must be danny white using a burner account
That’s not what I said at all.

VOLfrombama

Here’s what I recieved from Spyre. If you want to participate, I suggest you email them directly.

Thank you for reaching out about this topic. We hear you and agree with you! We are hosting a Volunteer Club Member zoom to address these topics and answer any questions or concerns you have. The zoom will be at 8:00pm EST. Be on the lookout for a link sent to your email soon.

Thank you & Go Vols!”​

LittleVol

Nothing better than good VOL Football
I know many of you all play the lottery.
So do I. That's the extent of my gambling.
$2 whenever I think to buy one.
The chances are astronomical. But...you have to play to win.

I personally get a very inexpensive little thrill about possibly winning.

It's the simple joy of POSSIBILITY.

I treat the NIL the same way. I don't have some auto deduction set up from my bank.
It's a cheap "expense " just to be a small part of giving to something that I care about. That literally millions of other Vol fans, care about.

I've given I think $200 something...?
My buddy who has a lower income (not by much) forked over 14k supposedly 🤣.
Pre-Nico. So that money-whatever the real amount was- went in part to securing that commitment.

This is the first time...THE PUBLIC can almost directly influence the talent we want to see play.

I sent $200 ...my buddy sent 14k. Guess what? We both feel good about just giving...

I choose to view it that way. And as a result, I never get truly disappointed. Because I tried.

If I never gave a penny...i just wouldn't complain about anything, because I would feel like a hypocrite.

I could give more, but why? I gave SOMETHING for that cause. And now I'm fine. I'll probably give more later, just because I want to.

But it's NOT an obligation.
It's a choice to give to our Vols.

Vfl2407

Thank you.
well stated so that even a simpleton like me can understand it.
this should be pinned somewhere on this site.

VN Store