Don’t know about you guys, but I’m pulling for Florida Atlantic..

brockytop

not wanting a Garden crowd pulling for a neighborhood underdog Thursday night.

Unfamiliar with the legalities of it, but if the NCAA allows I’d have Bernard King right behind the bench pulling for the Vols. He remain a Knick/Nets favorite and may help sway neutral folks to pull for TN.

TN rolls either of these teams. They have never seen defense "in the mud" like TN will put on them Thursday.

Reactions: feathersax

Unfamiliar with the legalities of it, but if the NCAA allows I’d have Bernard King right behind the bench pulling for the Vols. He remain a Knick/Nets favorite and may help sway neutral folks to pull for TN.
I’m with you. Do NOT want to face Cinderella in her own castle. FAU would not travel well to NYC I would bet.

Hard to consider 33-3 team a Cinderella story, but I get what you’re saying.
People if no vested interest view by seeding as rooting favorite. I remember in 2006 when we played Wichita St. Mike Hamilton gave all us Vols fans pre room in arena a word of advice. We were second game in pod although different regions. He said we know how this tournament works. Duke was playing George Washington Duke had JJ Redick btw so that gives you an idea they were prime Duke. He said I get it everyone not a Duke fan will be rooting against them but we need to save our voices for our game against the Shockers, and remember once in our game the same way we feel about Duke the fans in arena will feel about us as the 2 seed. Everyone will be rooting against us. He was 100% right our only blessing was Many Duke fans arent typical basketball fans. Only interested in their own game so once Duke played they left. Most George Washington fans stayed and rooted against us. So 30 wins or not that arena will be all over us no matter which team we play.

It might be an entertaining game but these dudes take a lot of bad and rushed shots. I believe we’d get to either team defensively

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
People if no vested interest view by seeding as rooting favorite. I remember in 2006 when we played Wichita St. Mike Hamilton gave all us Vols fans pre room in arena a word of advice. We were second game in pod although different regions. He said we know how this tournament works. Duke was playing George Washington Duke had JJ Redick btw so that gives you an idea they were prime Duke. He said I get it everyone not a Duke fan will be rooting against them but we need to save our voices for our game against the Shockers, and remember once in our game the same way we feel about Duke the fans in arena will feel about us as the 2 seed. Everyone will be rooting against us. He was 100% right our only blessing was Many Duke fans arent typical basketball fans. Only interested in their own game so once Duke played they left. Most George Washington fans stayed and rooted against us. So 30 wins or not that arena will be all over us no matter which team we play.
I was at that session. That place went from 20k strong for the Duke game to 1/3 of that for our game. We moved from our seats in the upper deck to about 12 rows up near mid-court and nobody said a word.

Not sure we are quick enough or can shoot well enough to beat either team. Hope we beat them like a rented mule but my BVS acquired over more than 50 years of fandom says gonna be tough.
I think the biggest thing in their favor is the propensity to take and make rushed 3 balls. Seems Missouri-ish however our bigs are not unathletic like Purdue. They can't just outrace all of our big guys.

Reactions: Scot Harvath
I was at that session. That place went from 20k strong for the Duke game to 1/3 of that for our game. We moved from our seats in the upper deck to about 12 rows up near mid-court and nobody said a word.
Same I actually came with My dad and wife on Tony Basilio shuttle. The shuttle bus driver at gates picked up tickets from Duke fans leaving and Basilio gave all of us better tickets than we all paid together and moved down to lower deck midcourt.

200w.gif

Vols would absolutely thrive on that

VN Store

Back