Dominic Bailey caught with weed

I never saw the drunks remember they were puking from the top bunk onto the lower ones, but then again, drinking was legal so I didn't feel they were being a bad person just disgusting.
Yep, the key word in your response is LEGAL. If and when marijuana becomes legal, then the discussion goes away. What I find to be humorous is that the entire liberal generation is going out of their way to make tobacco cigarettes illegal and immoral, but inhaling the smoke from a blunt is something to be honored and glorified.

While I agree they should exercise extreme caution due to that... its 2021. This shouldn't be a news story IF the only thing that happened was he was just caught with a little weed on him.
This is 2021 and the media no longer reports facts in balance. They report facts that fit narratives (aka propaganda). It is true of politics. It is true of social issues and things... like UT football.

The kid was stupid. KPD seems to be a bit overzealous. And you are absolutely right... negativity around Vol football is a narrative that the Knoxville press loves.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Students are not safe partying at home, like adults, and I do mean in their campus dorm. Bans against commonly used substances work against both the student and the public safety. We should not pretend that such substances are harmless, but what does more harm -- the substance or the prohibition?

Last edited:
My Goodness...here goes another LEO on their moral high horse. I swear, I see more cops making a damn fuss about reefer than the medical community. What sort of information are they teaching LEOs that is so vastly different than most doctors?

Moral high horse? All I did was post fact. Apparently you skipped over the line about reading "any credible medical research on the long-term effects of marijuana on the brain". Hardly a moral high horse.

I literally could not care less about "reefer". Legalize it and tax it. Treat it just like alcohol. Sorry that I don't fit your narrative about most cops, but then again I live in a world where we judge people by their actions, and not their occupations. As for what is being taught to LEO's -vs- the medical community, I have no idea.

My point was that, if you choose to use marijuana, there are both short and long-term effects. Same goes with tobacco, alcohol, or pretty much any other narcotic. Actions have consequences. If that sailed over your head, then either (a) you need to read more carefully next time, or (b) you are "Exhibit A" in support of my statement.

Gotta run. Next episode of "Trampling on People's Rights" is about to start on WLEO-TV.

:cool:

And didnt Williams end his career by refusing to stop toking after several posotive urine tests?
He lasted a long time. I think age probably had more to do with it than marijuana.

He lasted a long time. I think age probably had more to do with it than marijuana.

Many a professional athlete played, and prospered, while stoned, drunk, on pills, coke, whatever. Those with that 1%er level of talent can overcome a lot due to pure athletic skill. Safe to say that alcohol, for example, does not improve motor skills. The SFST has reliably proven that.

I guess the issue or question is...and it will likely never be answered definitively...is what they might have done if they had not drank, smoked, snorted, shot up, or whatever.

Perhaps it's more of an issue that an athlete, especially at the college level, does not possess the self-discipline to avoid substances that they know will get them dismissed from the program.

In the end, a pointless debate. All we are doing here is making money for Freak.

Go Vols.

Reactions: clarencepeabody
And didnt Williams end his career by refusing to stop toking after several posotive urine tests?
Missed a couple during his prime. Only returned because the Dolphins demanded his signing bonus back.

Yep, the key word in your response is LEGAL. If and when marijuana becomes legal, then the discussion goes away. What I find to be humorous is that the entire liberal generation is going out of their way to make tobacco cigarettes illegal and immoral, but inhaling the smoke from a blunt is something to be honored and glorified.

Well, after the years of watching the smoke from tobacco be honored and glorified with billboards, commercials, and pushed as a product in movies and television. Even so far as to push the product onto kids in the form of candy cigarettes and animated characters.

But let's turn this and every discussion into liberal vs conservative.

You're correct, weed isn't legal. That was the point, if he had been driving around with open containers drinking, he would have just gotten some extra workouts for being under age, at least until he drunk drove into somebody and killed them, then maybe he would have been dismissed for poor judgement.

The real point is, it doesn't matter legal or illegal. The guy didn't make good choices before and showed an inability to learn.

Easy - Dont drink or smoke & drive. Party on campus or close enough that you can walk home. I got 1 DUI in college. Now i am a 60 year old white guy that still gets pulled over at 5:30 am on the way to the gym and driving home late at night. Always a minor traffic voilation.

Salter did not get kicked off the team for smoking weed. He got kicked off because he was above the rules and would not learn.

Reactions: A.J.
This is 2021 and the media no longer reports facts in balance. They report facts that fit narratives (aka propaganda). It is true of politics. It is true of social issues and things... like UT football.

The kid was stupid. KPD seems to be a bit overzealous. And you are absolutely right... negativity around Vol football is a narrative that the Knoxville press loves.
Everything just sucks these days.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Well, after the years of watching the smoke from tobacco be honored and glorified with billboards, commercials, and pushed as a product in movies and television. Even so far as to push the product onto kids in the form of candy cigarettes and animated characters.

But let's turn this and every discussion into liberal vs conservative.

You're correct, weed isn't legal. That was the point, if he had been driving around with open containers drinking, he would have just gotten some extra workouts for being under age, at least until he drunk drove into somebody and killed them, then maybe he would have been dismissed for poor judgement.

The real point is, it doesn't matter legal or illegal. The guy didn't make good choices before and showed an inability to learn.
He would’ve got a ticket for open container or arrested for DUI just like he got a ticket for marijuana bc it was determined he wasn’t high

that zeal is wel documented and has led to some instances of entrapment. Now, I am no attorney, so, no idea if that fits here.

VN Store

Back