Dominic Bailey caught with weed

Because they scower the paperwork and crime logs everyday to look for “newsworthy” arrests and cites of politicians, athletes, etc

But the headline is Bailey caught with weed. I doubt this is even brought up for a tail light and speeding incident.

Yes, a person can be an ass while doing their jobs. There is doing your job and using common sense and then there is being an ass and throwing common sense out the window.
Sure, but you weren't there so you don't know that he was. All you know is that he pulled someone over for a traffic violation, detected the use of an illegal substance, and made an arrest, or gave a citation - whatever the local law is. Based on that information you judged that he is an ass. So, my question still stands, the person is an ass for doing his job?

Sounds like you're upset, but taking it out on the wrong person. Bailey is an ass, in my judgement, for possibly jeopardizing his education & football career for weed, and above all - if you are going to smoke/carry weed, don't drive cars with broken tail lights, bad tags, don't run red lights or stop signs, don't speed, etc, etc, etc...

Sure, but you weren't there so you don't know that he was. All you know is that he pulled someone over for a traffic violation, detected the use of an illegal substance, and made an arrest, or gave a citation - whatever the local law is. Based on that information you judged that he is an ass. So, my question still stands, the person is an ass for doing his job?

Sounds like you're upset, but taking it out on the wrong person. Bailey is an ass, in my judgement, for possibly jeopardizing his education & football career for weed, and above all - if you are going to smoke/carry weed, don't drive cars with broken tail lights, bad tags, don't run red lights or stop signs, don't speed, etc, etc, etc...
0A9323E8-77DD-483A-9666-18484845CFC3.gif👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
What about a smokin' hot woman?...... 😎
iu

And? Confiscate the weed, give a ticket for speeding, and call the coach. Keep it quite and let the coach run his a$$ until he pukes.

Issue solved and there are no headlines.
In a perfect world that’s what would happen, but getting the entire KPD to go along with it would be impossible. Some cops are ok guys but some are dicks that would arrest their mothers if they thought it would earn them some brownie points.

For those that say this doesn't happen in Alabama.....these are the results from a quick 5 minute Google search of Alabama Marijuana. All are within the past 10 years or so, most in the last 5. I would bet Saban has laid down the law on this, unlike our past coaches who really exercised no discipline at all. I would say that arrests occur in every SEC city, the biggest difference is, in most other cities, the local media doesn't hate the university there and look for ways to write disparaging stories.

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-alabama/article29205859.html

Tim Williams Arrest: Marijuana in Car Belonged to "Brandon Chicken"

Alabama RB Tyren Jones arrested for marijuana possession

Alabama football player arrested for marijuana possession

Alabama football player arrested for pot possession

Reactions: Starchief13VFL
Asinine comment.

Such assumptive, judgmental, narrow-minded thinking. The whole “gateway drug” argument stemmed from the fact that a person who peddles one illegal thing is likely to peddle another. No other reason. Personally, I think you should KNOW what you’re talking about before you spout off in one direction or another. I use cannabis every single day of my life—while holding a highly lucrative job, staying in shape, and serving on the boards of two local nonprofits. The only reason I’m not outwardly vocal about marijuana is because I know how dimwitted, judgmental people will cast presumptions that I’d rather not deal with.
It’s called a gateway drug because decades of data showed that many people who were addicted to drugs like heroin, etc had started off just using marijuana.
You should try to have some clue what you are talking about before passing your own judgment on others.

We don't know if he was smoking it in the car or just had it with him.

Agree . I was just curious about the thoughts on it because that will have to be addressed. It was just a general question.

The days of expecting special treatment of athletes are gone. Police Departments are under such intense scrutiny now that it isn’t done. The media, on the other hand, can choose to publicize, sensationalize or ignore at their whim. I would think that a lot would depend on the University’s relationship with them

Reactions: Rickyvol77
This all day. The stigma attached to marijuana is much worse than the substance itself.

I see it like this: if you want to use it, do so responsibly. Just like alcohol.

The problem is that some people have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about, but that doesn’t stop them from jumping in and vocalizing their ignorant opinions. Besides, if something helped alleviate your pain, gave you relief, or helped you relax (something natural, to boot), who am I to say you’re wrong for using it?

I’m not denying that it’s illegal, and that players with high athletic ceilings should think twice before subjecting themselves to a situation that could jeopardize their future.

Bad kid? No.
Bad decision? Yes.
I read this morning that U S sprinter, Sha'Carri Richardson, who won the U S 100 meters Olympic Trials, tested positive for marijuana and will be banned from the Olympics this year. She was expected to have competed for the Gold Medal. Another example of someone making a poor decision which ended up hurting her and the U S Olympic team. When will they ever learn?

Reactions: jim43

VN Store

Back