Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Broken heart today, just 2 short weeks after being diagnosed with bone cancer she lost the battle today. We had to say goodbye. I couldn't even be there for her I am stuck in Utah for work so my wife had to handle it all on her own she is devastated.
View attachment 216637

Sorry man. She looks like she was a good one.

Broken heart today, just 2 short weeks after being diagnosed with bone cancer she lost the battle today. We had to say goodbye. I couldn't even be there for her I am stuck in Utah for work so my wife had to handle it all on her own she is devastated.
View attachment 216637

I am sorry for your loss. Had to put down a 15 yr old family pet myself this summer. Devastating. As I told my daughters however, their spirit lives on.

I got back home at around 315am this morning from a business trip, luckily our vet is going to let me come by this afternoon and see my baby girl and tell her goodbye. We are having her cremated, she always slept right by my nightstand so when ready she will get to come home and I will let her rest on the side of my nightstand by where she used to seep every night.

View attachment 216637

So sorry, Justin. I feel your pain. Lost my buddy earlier this month. Know how hard it is.

Thank you, I'm sorry to hear about your lose as well. We get her ashes back yesterday so at least now she is home.

Got my boys ashes last weekend. Every day I see something that reminds me of him. He always waited for me no matter where I was. Couldn't take a shower without him just outside waiting. So strange to not see him there. 14 years and now he's gone. I cherish the years we shared. Nothing more pure and perfect than a dogs love. Hold on to the memories Justin. As the saying goes...better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

Got my boys ashes last weekend. Every day I see something that reminds me of him. He always waited for me no matter where I was. Couldn't take a shower without him just outside waiting. So strange to not see him there. 14 years and now he's gone. I cherish the years we shared. Nothing more pure and perfect than a dogs love. Hold on to the memories Justin. As the saying goes...better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
Your buddy sounds just like my girl, she would lay outside the shower door when I was in there. Anytime I would walk out of the door, even if it's just taking the trash out she would sit by the door and whine. All she cared about was being with me. Never got in trouble, never done anything wrong

My biggest issue now, and I need everyone's help here. I have a male GSD and he loved her to death he hasn't been the same really since she left us. He loves having a girlfriend around. How do I know when it's right to get him a pal?

Your buddy sounds just like my girl, she would lay outside the shower door when I was in there. Anytime I would walk out of the door, even if it's just taking the trash out she would sit by the door and whine. All she cared about was being with me. Never got in trouble, never done anything wrong

My biggest issue now, and I need everyone's help here. I have a male GSD and he loved her to death he hasn't been the same really since she left us. He loves having a girlfriend around. How do I know when it's right to get him a pal?

Same situation here. Our other dog came straight into our family from his litter. He's never known a day without another dog in his life. We made sure he was at the procedure and he's no longer looking for his older buddy. He's lethargic and depressed. He become more clingy and whines a lot when we are going out with him. He never did any of that before. Thought about a new pup, but I've seen some say it can add to the surviving dogs stress. No idea if it's a good or bad idea or the proper timing. All I know is our other fella is hurting just like we are, but I don't know what to do about it other than staying in the familiar routine and hope he bounces back.

Same situation here. Our other dog came straight into our family from his litter. He's never known a day without another dog in his life. We made sure he was at the procedure and he's no longer looking for his older buddy. He's lethargic and depressed. He become more clingy and whines a lot when we are going out with him. He never did any of that before. Thought about a new pup, but I've seen some say it can add to the surviving dogs stress. No idea if it's a good or bad idea or the proper timing. All I know is our other fella is hurting just like we are, but I don't know what to do about it other than staying in the familiar routine and hope he bounces back.
Sorry to hear your living buddy is having such a hard time. We have leaned toward having him a new pal in about 4-6 weeks. We have an older box/pit mix and he has tried playing with her but she won't have no part of it, she is old and grouchy so as much as we don't necessarily want another one yet we owe it to him to do so I think. Plus it could help us heal as well.

View attachment 216637

Justin, such sad news. Sorry, you could not be there with your family.

Reactions: volfanjustin
Had to put my little Schipperke down with rectal cancer the day after my youngest daughters funeral service. She used to follow my daughter around like a little black shadow. Don’t think I will ever get over all that.

Had to put my little Schipperke down with rectal cancer the day after my youngest daughters funeral service. She used to follow my daughter around like a little black shadow. Don’t think I will ever get over all that.
Oh man I am so sorry to hear about both of these. My thoughts are with you during this time

Reactions: hmanvolfan
Oh man I am so sorry to hear about both of these. My thoughts are with you during this time
Thanks, that happened in February 2016 and I still struggle but the pain isn’t as constant as it was. The only thing that helps me is knowing they aren’t in pain anymore and I will be able to see them again someday.

VN Store

Back