Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

GSD's are loyal to their "pack" regardless. But a rescue GSD just takes that one step further.

Except where the vet girls are concerned. That's her groupies lol. Lord help me if one of them ever wants to break into my house.

Our rescue GSD goes and finds her pacifier toy everday at 10 AM sharp. It's weird but cute.51648.jpeg

Because I care more about giving an accident/abandoned dog a home than getting a specific type of puppy.

I appreciate your view but, a lot of dogs end up at shelters for behavior reasons and unless you have the skills and/or money to deal with them they can end up being a nightmare. Puppies need to be socialized at a young age.
I have a neighbor that has a rescue that is an absolute psycho and they can't take it out in public and have it interact with other people or dogs. They can't afford a trainer to help and they don't have the skills to deal with it.
Not all rescues are like that, just something to be aware of.

I appreciate your view but, a lot of dogs end up at shelters for behavior reasons and unless you have the skills and/or money to deal with them they can end up being a nightmare. Puppies need to be socialized at a young age.
I have a neighbor that has a rescue that is an absolute psycho and they can't take it out in public and have it interact with other people or dogs. They can't afford a trainer to help and they don't have the skills to deal with it.
Not all rescues are like that, just something to be aware of.

I'm of the mind there is a difference in shelter animals and rescues. My dog, for example, was a rescue since the shelter wasn't even contemplating keeping her when I tried turning her in. She had been malnourished and abused to the point they didn't think she could be adopted.

Over six years later, here we are.

I tend to think of rescue animals as coming from a bad situation rather than "can't train them/ stopped being a puppy and can't deal with them" situation.

We looked at getting a rescue and preferred to go that route but there were certain considerations that had to be met for us. We were looking for a small dog that was hypoallergenic. We tried for a couple of months the rescue route when a coworker had puppies available that met our needs.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Look at those big, brown eyes!!
emoji_u1f495.png

Reactions: Orangeslice13
GSD's are loyal to their "pack" regardless. But a rescue GSD just takes that one step further.

Except where the vet girls are concerned. That's her groupies lol. Lord help me if one of them ever wants to break into my house.
I have a rescue GSD and she is the most loyal and best dog I have ever had. Her hips are slowly starting to go but we do laser therapy and a supplement to help her but she is still the best

VN Store

Back