Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Remember, it will keep your dog in. It will not keep other creatures out. Since coyotes are everywhere that is a dangerous situation for a small dog.

Remember, it will keep your dog in. It will not keep other creatures out. Since coyotes are everywhere that is a dangerous situation for a small dog.
luckily I have a german shepherd and doberman, coyotes know better.

My next door neighbor dogs are hounds of some kind. Last spring I was in the back yard and they came out but steered clear of me which was unusual. I then saw a dead raccoon next to the fence that they had killed, nothing eff's with the hound dogs or comes in their back yard without being invited.
I called the city and they pretty much laughed at me and stated "double bag it and throw it in your garbage" we only pick up road kill. My next door neighbors were out of town so they still owe me.

Great, I live in Nashville, and we have those and Bobcats that prey on small animals. Some people lose their dogs when the let them out in the back yard to potty before bed.

I wasn't prepared for a dog. He showed up at our house Monday morning. We posted him on Facebook, called local vets, and called the humane society. Nothing. Then we took him to the vet to see if he was chipped and he wasn't. My daughter found a picture on Instagram from last Friday where someone took a photo of him at the sonic in town. That's at least 8 miles from where I live.

Reactions: J-P
I wasn't prepared for a dog. He showed up at our house Monday morning. We posted him on Facebook, called local vets, and called the humane society. Nothing. Then we took him to the vet to see if he was chipped and he wasn't. My daughter found a picture on Instagram from last Friday where someone took a photo of him at the sonic in town. That's at least 8 miles from where I live.

Give him a forever home and enjoy your new life long companion! You'll never find one thing in your life that will bring you more joy next to a child. Seems like it was meant to be.

Give him a forever home and enjoy your new life long companion! You'll never find one thing in your life that will bring you more joy next to a child. Seems like it was meant to be.
Yeah, it feels like it was meant to be. I dont want to keep someone's dog, but I dont think he was given much attention at all. His collar was so tight it had worn the hair off his neck. He is the most chill dog I've ever seen. He wasnt afraid of any of us but he didnt show any emotion at all. He just wanted to be petted. No fear or agression to children at all. He's finally coming out of his shell. He's starting to wag his tail and crawl up on us. He's finally starting to run and play when I'm out in the yard with him.

Yeah, it feels like it was meant to be. I dont want to keep someone's dog, but I dont think he was given much attention at all. His collar was so tight it had worn the hair off his neck. He is the most chill dog I've ever seen. He wasnt afraid of any of us but he didnt show any emotion at all. He just wanted to be petted. No fear or agression to children at all. He's finally coming out of his shell. He's starting to wag his tail and crawl up on us. He's finally starting to run and play when I'm out in the yard with him.
Hard to ask for more than that.

Reactions: Obsessed
I bought a device to keep track of my dog called a "whistle version 3 GPS." It's not cheap, but my dog gave me a scare a couple of times by escaping the back yard fence. It allows me to keep track of him at all times and know where he is if (when) he escapes.
Anyhow I thought I would pass this along if anyone else wants a way to keep track of their dog when you're not near them.

I bought a device to keep track of my dog called a "whistle version 3 GPS." It's not cheap, but my dog gave me a scare a couple of times by escaping the back yard fence. It allows me to keep track of him at all times and know where he is if (when) he escapes.
Anyhow I thought I would pass this along if anyone else wants a way to keep track of their dog when you're not near them.
I'm assuming the GPS is on a collar or harness? When u say not cheap, over $100, but less than $300 ?

Some of you know, but Rocky was diagnosed with non-regenerative anemia almost a year ago, given a 50-50 survival. Had biweekly vet appointments for awhile, relapsed in the summer, and eventually made it to once a month appointments. Today was one of his appointments and he had some of the best bloodwork tests to date! They are hopeful we can get rid of one of his multiple medications next month if things are the same. Such a great day and I took him to celebrate! 🤣

MVIMG_20190206_133101.jpg

Last edited:
I'm assuming the GPS is on a collar or harness? When u say not cheap, over $100, but less than $300 ?

The device costs $99 and it attaches to their regular collar. It's pretty small, nothing like those dog trackers with the huge antenna's. It has a monthly fee associated with it because it uses AT&T cell service to track your dog when it ventures outside of your home wifi signal. I bought the 2 year plan and it was something like $6.95/month paid in advance, so for two years I paid about $275 including the device.

You have to take the device off and recharge it every so often, today is the first full day of wearing it and so far the app shows it at about 90% battery, so I'm guessing every 5 days or so.
It's really a neat device, it shows distance traveled, it shows the map of where they went and where they are now. I like it because I camp and want to know if the little fart decides to wander that I can find him. Also He has escaped from the fenced in yard a couple of times and while he came back home if he gets out I want to know where to find him.

Reactions: Guest and The Dog
The device costs $99 and it attaches to their regular collar. It's pretty small, nothing like those dog trackers with the huge antenna's. It has a monthly fee associated with it because it uses AT&T cell service to track your dog when it ventures outside of your home wifi signal. I bought the 2 year plan and it was something like $6.95/month paid in advance, so for two years I paid about $275 including the device.

You have to take the device off and recharge it every so often, today is the first full day of wearing it and so far the app shows it at about 90% battery, so I'm guessing every 5 days or so.
It's really a neat device, it shows distance traveled, it shows the map of where they went and where they are now. I like it because I camp and want to know if the little fart decides to wander that I can find him. Also He has escaped from the fenced in yard a couple of times and while he came back home if he gets out I want to know where to find him.
Appreciate the info. Gauge won't run away when I'm home, but the wife has lost him several times, including once for 10 days. Thank God a dog loving older woman found him and housed him for those 10 days. He always comes back home after an hour or 2, but if he sees a squirrel, rabbit or catches a whiff of some smell he wants to check out, he forgets about watching out for cars and makes a beeline to want ever caught his attention whether it's across the street or not. Worries the crap out of me. I assume I can find the device at any pet store and/or Walmart ?

Appreciate the info. Gauge won't run away when I'm home, but the wife has lost him several times, including once for 10 days. Thank God a dog loving older woman found him and housed him for those 10 days. He always comes back home after an hour or 2, but if he sees a squirrel, rabbit or catches a whiff of some smell he wants to check out, he forgets about watching out for cars and makes a beeline to want ever caught his attention whether it's across the street or not. Worries the crap out of me. I assume I can find the device at any pet store and/or Walmart ?

I'm pretty sure you have to buy it directly from them (whistle.com) but I might be wrong. You also have to have a home wifi signal and a smart phone for it to work, just so you know.

Reactions: The Dog
This
Some of you know, but Rocky was diagnosed with non-regenerative anemia almost a year ago, given a 50-50 survival. Had biweekly vet appointments for awhile, relapsed in the summer, and eventually made it to once a month appointments. Today was one of his appointments and he had some of the best bloodwork tests to date! They are hopeful we can get rid of one of his multiple medications next month if things are the same. Such a great day and I took him to celebrate! 🤣

View attachment 193016

This is an awesome pic👍🏽

Reactions: volwindy and Guest

VN Store

Back