Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Wait... You actually get to go to another room without yours. I cant even take a shower without mine laying in the floor waiting for me to get out
Gauge sits on the bed facing the bathroom door and the bedroom door, while I take a shower. My Mom said she checked it out on some website and they said the reasons dogs do that, is because they know u are vulnerable and are guarding u. Makes sense to me, tifwiw, but I believe it. Oh yeah, here is a pic of the under 30 pounds, Gauge. So far, I've never been attacked in the shower, so he is doing a hell of a job.15572926751508656384150594468713.jpg

We're coming in town from St. Pete Florida and we're not wanting to leave the dog at the BNB we are staying at while we're gone. He doesn't like to be aloone. I know here they have like doggie day cares and that is kinda what we were looking for bit I will look at it.

Don’t know your breed, but if smaller one try C-More grooming (in Seymour, no joke). If she will accept your dog, I’ll give her and her husband a 100%A+ rating. Will never be able to do better unless Granma keeps the dog😍.

Wait... You actually get to go to another room without yours. I cant even take a shower without mine laying in the floor waiting for me to get out
It depends. If I leave a room and Kevin is still in the room, he chills out. If I'm the only one home, he will follow.

Reactions: vols72
It depends. If I leave a room and Kevin is still in the room, he chills out. If I'm the only one home, he will follow.
Ever since we got him, he has been my buddy. He sleeps right up next to me and no matter who's home if I move he follows. He knows what time I get home every day and he's waiting at the door

Gauge sits on the bed facing the bathroom door and the bedroom door, while I take a shower. My Mom said she checked it out on some website and they said the reasons dogs do that, is because they know u are vulnerable and are guarding u. Makes sense to me, tifwiw, but I believe it. Oh yeah, here is a pic of the under 30 pounds, Gauge. So far, I've never been attacked in the shower, so he is doing a hell of a job.View attachment 204732
Mine does the same thing. If I am in the shower he goes and lays near the door until I'm finished. I had my guy out with me the other day and I tried to leave him with some friends to go to the bathroom and he wouldnt let me walk out of site, and he sat in the bathroom staring at the door until we left

Reactions: The Dog
I don't recall which poster recommended the FURminator (maybe Grand Vol) but thank you. That has been a savior! We are dog-sitting for 2 weeks and both dogs shed like crazy and this bad boy helps like a champ!

Reactions: bignewt
@Glitch
I read somewhere on here that you had to put down your pup and I closed the phone before I could respond by accident.
I hope you don’t mind me bringing it up here but I’m sure all the dog lovers on VN are sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Godfatha
We had a bad July 4th weekend at the farm.

My sweet 10yr old girl Nyssa has been suffering with hip dysphagia for a few years. We did what we could to help with pain management, proper exercise and diet, but bless her heart she finally reached the point that she was struggling to get up, get around and the pain management was not allowing her to rest or enjoy life. She could not maintain a quality of life she had earned as our family protector, babysitter for the kids and now grandkids and trusted friend.

This one hurt, best Shepherd I have ever worked with. I rescued her as a small pup and trained her at 6 months old as a service dog for my father and she quickly became a beloved member of our family. At 18 months she was protection trained literally displaying the aptitude for proper situational response without prompting. She was always on point and amazed us all with her ability to discern a situation and act accordingly without prompting or command. It was like she took in everything around her and knew where and when to respond and what level of response was appropriate. Whether it was putting herself between the grandkids and a stray dog or blocking my path and herding me away from a timber rattler I did not see ahead of me on a wooded path, she was always there. Great GSD for sure.

I am a tough guy, but this one hit me hard...

CH_V

20160527_205549_resized.jpg2013-10-07_17-43-46_437.jpg

VN Store

Back