Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Well. We are dog-sitting our pastor's dog this holiday weekend. He is a year-old german shepherd mix, bout 40 lbs. Yay

But ... right now ... we are in the after-hours doggy emergency room, as he managed to find a disposable razor in the trash can, and eat end of it. The blade end. They are trying to induce vomiting. Fingers crossed.

Edit: They got him to throw it all up. He had crunched it to tiny pieces, both the plastic and metal parts. If there were any missed, they think it can pass on through. Whew! Thank you, Lord!

Last edited:
Well. We are dog-sitting our pastor's dog this holiday weekend. He is a year-old german shepherd mix, bout 40 lbs. Yay

But ... right now ... we are in the after-hours doggy emergency room, as he managed to find a disposable razor in the trash can, and eat end of it. The blade end. They are trying to induce vomiting. Fingers crossed.

Edit: They got him to throw it all up. He had crunched it to tiny pieces, both the plastic and metal parts. If there were any missed, they think it can pass on through. Whew! Thank you, Lord!
I love dogs, but sometimes, they are just SMH.

Glad it looks like he’ll be ok!

Oh no, I hope that he will be ok.....poor fella...

Abigail got an eye ulcer. Has to wear the cone of shame for a week. To hear her tell it she is on her deathbed. Drama queen...

View attachment 485730

If she's bumping into things with the cone on, try this:

I bought one for Bear and he stopped bumping in to everything. It's inflatable.

I need dog advice.

Everybody always told me when you have kids, your dog goes from 1st class to 3rd class citizen, and I never thought that would be me, but it happened. I think I may have been right under normal circumstances, but the birth of my daughter triggered my dog's unknown and dormant Addyson's disease. She almost died from it. She can't produce the hormone that regulates stress and anxiety, so we have to give her medication. The medication has completely changed her personality. She no longer cares much about anything other than treats and food. I feel like she doesn't give a **** about me, other than I might get her the next bite. The medication and treatments are expensive. She started to piss on our rug in the middle of the night, so now we have to kennel her. I think the yelling and slaps on the ass may have soured her on me, and I feel bad about that. My kids tease her and are too young to really understand what they are doing, and this makes me feel bad. On an on, it's just become a big pain in the ass to have a dog.

I did consider giving her to our neighbors who she loves just as much as she loves us, but they got an unfriendly dog so that option is off the table. I truly believe dogs think they are your family, and I'm not giving her to anybody that she doesn't see as family, so giving her away at all is off the table. My only option is I gotta figure out how to like my dog again. I love her, but I do not enjoy her. Any advice?

I need dog advice.

Everybody always told me when you have kids, your dog goes from 1st class to 3rd class citizen, and I never thought that would be me, but it happened. I think I may have been right under normal circumstances, but the birth of my daughter triggered my dog's unknown and dormant Addyson's disease. She almost died from it. She can't produce the hormone that regulates stress and anxiety, so we have to give her medication. The medication has completely changed her personality. She no longer cares much about anything other than treats and food. I feel like she doesn't give a **** about me, other than I might get her the next bite. The medication and treatments are expensive. She started to piss on our rug in the middle of the night, so now we have to kennel her. I think the yelling and slaps on the ass may have soured her on me, and I feel bad about that. My kids tease her and are too young to really understand what they are doing, and this makes me feel bad. On an on, it's just become a big pain in the ass to have a dog.

I did consider giving her to our neighbors who she loves just as much as she loves us, but they got an unfriendly dog so that option is off the table. I truly believe dogs think they are your family, and I'm not giving her to anybody that she doesn't see as family, so giving her away at all is off the table. My only option is I gotta figure out how to like my dog again. I love her, but I do not enjoy her. Any advice?
Both of ours get on my last nerve, I mean I get mad🤣, taking them to pee. They gotta sniff every inch of our acre and a half, especially when it's cold, or raining. I've went in and told everyone that if they don't quit, then they're gone 🤣. It's different than your situation, but I understand moments of not liking them. I feel bad after, and usually play with them.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I need dog advice.

Aw, man, that is tough. How old is this doggy? What breed(s)?

I need dog advice.

I appreciate that you’re not going to do something you’d really regret later.

VN Store

Back