Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

FB_IMG_1656100765692.jpg
Pic is for the story. We went to the lake hartwell wildlife safari today, and took the dogs. Zoey was right at home, but cocoa did not like any animal getting close to me. She'd growl like it was after her food. Had the window down most of the time, they'd stick their head in, and she did not like it🤣

92C7A18B-C672-4FAB-840C-2529B2A9B9FC.jpegMy boy has chased a groundhog under my metal out building. The tin has cut him in 2 places pretty bad. He had to stay at the vet overnight, I called this morning and asked if I was going to get my boy back today. They said he should be ready this evening 🤞supposed to call at 2. It’s amazing how attached we get, he’s part of the family
041D9323-8DD8-4A1B-8109-2C237E1BAC37.jpeg
Edit: I’ll add the groundhog is no longer with us. He got him

View attachment 467971My boy has chased a groundhog under my metal out building. The tin has cut him in 2 places pretty bad. He had to stay at the vet overnight, I called this morning and asked if I was going to get my boy back today. They said he should be ready this evening 🤞supposed to call at 2. It’s amazing how attached we get, he’s part of the family

Poor fella! Hope he's OK. At least he got the groundhog!!!!

Yeah, she's aging gracefully. She has some hip problems and lies around a lot more these days, but she still has some younger dog moments.

My Bear is the same. His back legs give out a lot but at least once a day he acts like a puppy. Here's a pic of my neighbor's 4 yo Shep. He's so freakin' cool!

Bos.jpg

Tara Dog has come a long way since I got her. She had been abused and malnourished (starved probably) and showed signs of possibly being attacked by other dogs. The pound I took her to first (she was a stray I picked up on base) said she was too far gone and would never adopt. They were ready to put her down immediately...

"Give me the dog back."

Vet gave her a week to live since they weren't even sure she could be saved.

"Let me give it a try."

This was her the first week I had her.

Tara week 1.jpg

So, yes, I could possibly see that.

But here we are a decade later:

20210510_195805.jpg

And she's been my best buddy since then. Don't ever let someone tell you an animal doesn't have the will to live. She defied the odds because she got a home to be loved in and a family to be a part of. And provided my joy ever since that scorching hot day she came into my life.

Tara Dog has come a long way since I got her. She had been abused and malnourished (starved probably) and showed signs of possibly being attacked by other dogs. The pound I took her to first (she was a stray I picked up on base) said she was too far gone and would never adopt. They were ready to put her down immediately...

"Give me the dog back."

"Let me give it a try."

View attachment 468085

View attachment 468086

And she's been my best buddy since then. Don't ever let someone tell you an animal doesn't have the will to live. She defied the odds because she got a home to be loved in and a family to be a part of. And provided my joy ever since that scorching hot day she came into my life.
Happy REAL birthday next week, Tara! 💕💕

"Give me the dog back."

"Let me give it a try."

View attachment 468085

View attachment 468086

Love your Tara dog story. Very heart warming.
Thank you for sharing it.

View attachment 467971My boy has chased a groundhog under my metal out building. The tin has cut him in 2 places pretty bad. He had to stay at the vet overnight, I called this morning and asked if I was going to get my boy back today. They said he should be ready this evening 🤞supposed to call at 2. It’s amazing how attached we get, he’s part of the family
Glad that he is ok, it is so hard to see them when they are hurt. One time my dog got attacked by two other dogs and the back of her neck was ripped from ear to ear and she
had to go to the emergency vet and get 20 staples to hold the wound together, but fortunately dogs seem to heal quickly so that is a good thing.

Glad that he is ok, it is so hard to see them when they are hurt. One time my dog got attacked by two other dogs and the back of her neck was ripped from ear to ear and she
had to go to the emergency vet and get 20 staples to hold the wound together, but fortunately dogs seem to heal quickly so that is a good thing.
Yea he’s going to be fine. He’s got a drain tube in one of his cuts, I’ve got to take him back in a week for a check up. Just hated leaving him overnight. I’m married with 3 kids and every one of us was worrying about him. He’s part of the family

VN Store

Back