Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Rough evening on the farm tonight. Just had to bury this old girl. We aren't sure exactly how old she was as she was already on the farm when we bought it. We do know from her interactions with the existing herd she was the mother, grandmother and great grandmother to our goat herd. Best we could tell when the vet last saw her she was between 14 and 18 years old.

I noticed the last few days she was a little weaker and tired. I told my wife this afternoon I didn't think she had a whole lot of time left. We went to drop our daughter off at a movie with some friends and ate dinner. When I went to check on her when I got home she had passed.

We called her Grandma when we took over the farm because that's was she was, an old crotchety lady who demanded respect. RIP old girl........ You will be missed.

Pets, and animals in general, aren't like people. They will never let you down, never disappoint you until they lay down that very last time.

Tonight, I'll drink some bourbon and reflect on our last 2 1/2 with this old girl and let the sadness wash over me....... Tomorrow I'll get up and care for the other 60 or so animals we have and cherish my time with them.
FB_IMG_1641705975292.jpgFB_IMG_1641706047661.jpgFB_IMG_1641705975292.jpg

Rough evening on the farm tonight. Just had to bury this old girl. We aren't sure exactly how old she was as she was already on the farm when we bought it. We do know from her interactions with the existing herd she was the mother, grandmother and great grandmother to our goat herd. Best we could tell when the vet last saw her she was between 14 and 18 years old.

I noticed the last few days she was a little weaker and tired. I told my wife this afternoon I didn't think she had a whole lot of time left. We went to drop our daughter off at a movie with some friends and ate dinner. When I went to check on her when I got home she had passed.

We called her Grandma when we took over the farm because that's was she was, an old crotchety lady who demanded respect. RIP old girl........ You will be missed.

Pets, and animals in general, aren't like people. They will never let you down, never disappoint you until they lay down that very last time.

Tonight, I'll drink some bourbon and reflect on our last 2 1/2 with this old girl and let the sadness wash over me....... Tomorrow I'll get up and care for the other 60 or so animals we have and cherish my time with them.
View attachment 426993View attachment 426992View attachment 426993
I bet that Ole Nanny Goat would like that. Respect to anyone running farm!!!

The world needs more of you.

View attachment 426993View attachment 426992View attachment 426993
Awwh RIP Grandma.......:(, it looks like she had a really good life though and that is wonderful that she did.

I'm assuming that is your daughter's friend since you cut off her head, but did you brag to her about the Dawgs beating Michigan?
That's actually my daughter. I asked her where she got a Michigan shirt, her "friend".

VN Store

Back