Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

This is hitting me much harder than I thought it would
Dogs truly are man’s best friend…. They love you unconditionally all the time …. They’re happy to see you when you come home…. They ask nothing of you except for your attention. When we got our little puppy for the girls she wasn’t the kind I wanted to get…. But now I love that scruffy little mutt as if she’s my fifth daughter. I’m sorry you’re going through this, but just remember you gave her a great home, family and a life filled with love.

Dogs truly are man’s best friend…. They love you unconditionally all the time …. They’re happy to see you when you come home…. They ask nothing of you except for your attention. When we got our little puppy for the girls she wasn’t the kind I wanted to get…. But now I love that scruffy little mutt as if she’s my fifth daughter. I’m sorry you’re going through this, but just remember you gave her a great home, family and a life filled with love.
Thanks so much brother

Reactions: VolFaninFla
SDV I have been where you are many many times. I have delayed the decision to do the right thing a couple of times. What I have learned is you are right, I was being selfish. She is not in pain anymore. I believe she is in a much better place and is running and having a big time. I honestly believe dogs were created so we could experience unconditional love. I also believe they go to heaven or at least they would be in my version of heaven. Don't feel guilty for doing the right thing.

This is hitting me much harder than I thought it would
We had to put our big girl down April of '20. It took months before we could even mention her name without shedding a tear. We now can't mention her name without a big smile or laughter as we recall 10 years of fond memories of Comet. :)

Tomorrow, we say goodbye to a member of our family. Cali has been a part of our lives since we brought her home as a puppy in 2006. She has been the sweetest and most loving dog that we could ever ask for. She has been with us every step of the way, through the ups and the downs. The multiple moves, including across country and before Faith was born. She was our fur baby, before we had a baby. We have so many memories with her that we will cherish forever. It is going to be extremely hard to come home and her not being here. The hardest part of owning a dog is when the time comes and you have to let them go. But, the time that they are here with us is a true blessing. RIP old girl. I hope that you chase lots of squirrels in doggie heaven. We will miss you dearly!View attachment 372054
So sorry to hear about Cali, she's a Beautiful girl and you can see how sweet of a dog just by her photo

Reactions: Orangeslice13
You may have to get your other dog a dog, I have seen this happen a few times where dogs get so depressed
when they loose their friends, but when another dog is brought into the picture, they get back to their
old selves
Yeah we are gonna watch him. Took him to Petco today and spoiled him with all new stuff. We plan on getting another dog for him, but it’s just too soon to think about it

Yeah we are gonna watch him. Took him to Petco today and spoiled him with all new stuff. We plan on getting another dog for him, but it’s just too soon to think about it
It’s not an insult to the previous loved pet to bring in another that will really be blessed by the love you give them.
You probably should not go by me though. I don’t have too many pets. My house and land are too small for anymore though

It’s not an insult to the previous loved pet to bring in another that will really be blessed by the love you give them.
You probably should not go by me though. I don’t have too many pets. My house and land are too small for anymore though
I would bet that we’ll have one by the end of summer. Everyone will be back to school/work and I don’t really want him being lonely. We got him from a rescue who had found him and his parents and siblings, when he was a baby. He lived with a foster family until we got him. I don’t think that he’s ever been alone.

I would bet that we’ll have one by the end of summer. Everyone will be back to school/work and I don’t really want him being lonely. We got him from a rescue who had found him and his parents and siblings, when he was a baby. He lived with a foster family until we got him. I don’t think that he’s ever been alone.
I like rescue dogs because I figure they need someone more than the breeder dogs. I tell you this from time to time but.....you’re a good hearted Dude.

Reactions: VolFaninFla and SDV
My dog got very depressed when she lost her friend and did not perk up until my neighbor got another
dog, and then when I had to have my dog put to sleep their dog would not even get off of the couch and they had
to get another dog for their dog.

Reactions: VolFaninFla and SDV
Tomorrow, we say goodbye to a member of our family. Cali has been a part of our lives since we brought her home as a puppy in 2006. She has been the sweetest and most loving dog that we could ever ask for. She has been with us every step of the way, through the ups and the downs. The multiple moves, including across country and before Faith was born. She was our fur baby, before we had a baby. We have so many memories with her that we will cherish forever. It is going to be extremely hard to come home and her not being here. The hardest part of owning a dog is when the time comes and you have to let them go. But, the time that they are here with us is a true blessing. RIP old girl. I hope that you chase lots of squirrels in doggie heaven. We will miss you dearly!View attachment 372054
I've sat here and stared at here for several minutes. Such a sweet soul. Breaks my heart, but thank God for them. Sorry bro.

Someone sent this to me after I had Behr put to sleep. Not much, but it's something to read.

Do dogs go to Heaven?
By Rev. Dale Turner

Looking back across the years I see how important dogs have been in my life. I had been an ordained minister only a few weeks when I received a call from an 8 year old boy. His dog had been killed by a car. "Mr. Turner", the lad sobbed, " do you do funerals for dogs"?

I didn't quite know how to respond, but I recalled the Scriptures' affirmation of God's knowing when even sparrow falls. I replied, "why not"? I conducted a little ceremony for the boy's pet. He was very pleased and then asked, "Is my dog going to heaven"? I wasn't prepared for that question, but my love for animals got me through it.

Several years later I had my own personal experience that provided the answer I had never been sure of.

Our wonderful dachshund, Gretta died and we were eager to bring another dog into our home. We went to the pound to get the dachshund whose photo had appeared in the paper. By the time we arrived, he had been claimed. Another puppy, sensing our mission, poked her nose through the fence. the look in her eyes seemed to say "Please pick me." We did. And named her Pick.

After 14 years, Pick became very sick and there was nothing to be done except put her out of her misery. With a heavy heart I drove her to the Vet's who did what had to be done. I then went back to study and wept for hours.

A few days later, a parishioner who knew of my grief sent me this poem. It healed my sorrow. Perhaps it will help others. I'd like to share it:

I explained to St. Peter,
I'd rather stay here,
Outside the pearly gate.
I won't be a nuisance,
I won't even bark,
I'll be very patient and wait.
I'll be here, chewing on a celestial bone, No matter how long you may be.
I'd miss you so much, if I went in alone,
It wouldn't be heaven for me.

I've sat here and stared at here for several minutes. Such a sweet soul. Breaks my heart, but thank God for them. Sorry bro.

Someone sent this to me after I had Behr put to sleep. Not much, but it's something to read.

Do dogs go to Heaven?
By Rev. Dale Turner

Looking back across the years I see how important dogs have been in my life. I had been an ordained minister only a few weeks when I received a call from an 8 year old boy. His dog had been killed by a car. "Mr. Turner", the lad sobbed, " do you do funerals for dogs"?

I didn't quite know how to respond, but I recalled the Scriptures' affirmation of God's knowing when even sparrow falls. I replied, "why not"? I conducted a little ceremony for the boy's pet. He was very pleased and then asked, "Is my dog going to heaven"? I wasn't prepared for that question, but my love for animals got me through it.

Several years later I had my own personal experience that provided the answer I had never been sure of.

Our wonderful dachshund, Gretta died and we were eager to bring another dog into our home. We went to the pound to get the dachshund whose photo had appeared in the paper. By the time we arrived, he had been claimed. Another puppy, sensing our mission, poked her nose through the fence. the look in her eyes seemed to say "Please pick me." We did. And named her Pick.

After 14 years, Pick became very sick and there was nothing to be done except put her out of her misery. With a heavy heart I drove her to the Vet's who did what had to be done. I then went back to study and wept for hours.

A few days later, a parishioner who knew of my grief sent me this poem. It healed my sorrow. Perhaps it will help others. I'd like to share it:

I'd rather stay here,
Outside the pearly gate.
I won't be a nuisance,
I won't even bark,
Thank you so much for sharing. That was great to read

Reactions: Vjcvette and Behr
When you have 5 dogs and someone eats rat poison that they found in the crawl space .....where they’re not allowed.....and you have no idea who did it .....because all you found was the evidence......then you spend 1300$!! Treating 5 dog.

Try this one. Your pregnant wife forgot to set up a monthly shot appointment (treating Addyson's disease) and it costs you $1k to get your dog off death's doorstep.

Do dogs go to Heaven?
By Rev. Dale Turner

I'd rather stay here,
Outside the pearly gate.
I won't be a nuisance,
I won't even bark,
I teared up a little bit at that poem. It made me think of our old girl Bella. Up there waiting

Try this one. Your pregnant wife forgot to set up a monthly shot appointment (treating Addyson's disease) and it costs you $1k to get your dog off death's doorstep.

The things we do for the dogs we love.
The vet was concerned about what I was going to think of the bill. I had in my mind that it was 2k at least so I guess I got off light.

My dog got very depressed when she lost her friend and did not perk up until my neighbor got another
dog, and then when I had to have my dog put to sleep their dog would not even get off of the couch and they had
to get another dog for their dog.
Oh man that’s awful

Reactions: Vjcvette

VN Store

Back