Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

My cats (litter mates) turned 15 this month. Emma’s kidneys are failing. Mixing kidney care in with the kibble is helping. She’s still incontinent at times. She “leaks” when she sleeps. No matter how many kitty nests we make, she still wants to sleep on a couch and chair in the den. These are diapered, now. The things we do for our beloved pets. As a bonus, her sister, Cookie doesn’t binge and purge anymore. They both still bring up hairballs, but fewer pukes is a good thing. Kidney kibble is good. Yes, good for my kitties.

My cats (litter mates) turned 15 this month. Emma’s kidneys are failing. Mixing kidney care in with the kibble is helping. She’s still incontinent at times. She “leaks” when she sleeps. No matter how many kitty nests we make, she still wants to sleep on a couch and chair in the den. These are diapered, now. The things we do for our beloved pets. As a bonus, her sister, Cookie doesn’t binge and purge anymore. They both still bring up hairballs, but fewer pukes is a good thing. Kidney kibble is good. Yes, good for my kitties.
❤️

Older pets bring out a special kind of love.

As I said in an earlier post, Bruno and my wife have been going to obedience training classes. Today was the third class. Everything has been going great. Bruno is minding my wife now. Then comes today. SMH Today was heel lessons. The lessons went just great, as usual. So good in fact the instructor decided to take Bruno for a walk on the downtown streets. The class room is upstairs and you have to descend a long long flight of metal stairs to get to the parking lot. I told the instructor, if you are going to walk Bruno down those stairs with Bruno, he is going to be in high gear because he will think we are going home. I told him to be careful that Bruno is stronger than he thinks. He assures me he has Bruno under control. Long story shortened. Bruno drug him down the flight of stairs. The man was rolling down the stairs until I yelled turn the leash loose. Bruno ran to the truck and sat down. I checked to make sure Eli was okay. He wasn't bleeding but was scrapped up in a couple of places. His pride was hurt more than anything. He said good Lord he is strong. I said I tried to tell you he was stronger than any two dogs I have ever dealt with. I told him earlier Bruno was like walking a Pony. He said he thought I was exaggerating. Now he believes me.

Last edited:
Sad story time...

My neighbor to my right had two pit bulls. The oldest one was so sweet. She would come to the fence and jump up and just lick and want to be petted and scratched. She loved running the fence-line with Abigail just barking and playing. She would come to the fence every morning wagging her tail and whining at me to come pet her before I leave for work. The younger one, he is a handful. He destroys everything and is very standoff-ish and aggressive. He escapes their yard quite often and people have called the police about him before. When he escapes, he usually just roams around for a awhile then goes back in his yard.

Yesterday morning after I had gone to work, the older girl escaped and is sitting on our front sidewalk. So my wife gets her and walks her back to her yard through a small gate near my house. She thought no more about it.

A little while later she hears gunshots. My other neighbor behind me had put his black lab out on her lead in his un-fenced backyard. Somehow, my neighbors pit bull had escaped again and had my other neighbors lab pinned on the ground by the neck just going to town on her. She couldn't escape because she was on a lead and was just getting mauled. That neighbor hears the commotion and comes out to see his dog getting just thrown around attacked. He grabs his 9mm and shoots the pit bull 3 times. It finally lets go and limps off before collapsing. The neighbor that shot the dog rushed both to the vet hospital. The pit bull died and the lab is hanging on. She is in bad shape, but they think she will pull through.

It turns out that the pit bull was not "escaping," my neighbor's girlfriend had left the big full size gate on the other side of their house open and the dog just went.

The other pit bull, the younger, more aggressive boy, never left the yard.

My wife and I are still shocked because she always seemed like a good dog and very sweet. It has even interacted with the lab before and they never had any problems. I am just so confused over what could have caused her to snap like that and just go crazy on the lab.

Sad situation all around.

Sad story time...

My neighbor to my right had two pit bulls. The oldest one was so sweet. She would come to the fence and jump up and just lick and want to be petted and scratched. She loved running the fence-line with Abigail just barking and playing. She would come to the fence every morning wagging her tail and whining at me to come pet her before I leave for work. The younger one, he is a handful. He destroys everything and is very standoff-ish and aggressive. He escapes their yard quite often and people have called the police about him before. When he escapes, he usually just roams around for a awhile then goes back in his yard.

Yesterday morning after I had gone to work, the older girl escaped and is sitting on our front sidewalk. So my wife gets her and walks her back to her yard through a small gate near my house. She thought no more about it.

A little while later she hears gunshots. My other neighbor behind me had put his black lab out on her lead in his un-fenced backyard. Somehow, my neighbors pit bull had escaped again and had my other neighbors lab pinned on the ground by the neck just going to town on her. She couldn't escape because she was on a lead and was just getting mauled. That neighbor hears the commotion and comes out to see his dog getting just thrown around attacked. He grabs his 9mm and shoots the pit bull 3 times. It finally lets go and limps off before collapsing. The neighbor that shot the dog rushed both to the vet hospital. The pit bull died and the lab is hanging on. She is in bad shape, but they think she will pull through.

It turns out that the pit bull was not "escaping," my neighbor's girlfriend had left the big full size gate on the other side of their house open and the dog just went.

My wife and I are still shocked because she always seemed like a good dog and very sweet. It has even interacted with the lab before and they never had any problems. I am just so confused over what could have caused her to snap like that and just go crazy on the lab.

Sad only.

Sad story time...

I have had pits all my life. They are a breed that you just can't let run loose unsupervised. They are great dogs but this was just irresponsible of its owner.

I have had pits all my life. They are a breed that you just can't let run loose unsupervised. They are great dogs but this was just irresponsible of its owner.
Yes. He doesn't spend a lot of time with them. Basically just puts them out in the yard and leaves them. We play with our dogs every evening for an hour or so in the backyard. I think I have seen him play with his dogs once. Pits are great when they get the attention they need and the discipline/training. When left to their own devices, they can revert back to wild behavior. Still, just confused over why this sweet dog would go apesh*t on another dog that was a "friend"

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back