Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

It's fun having a photogenic cat. I take no credit for the filters. My 7 year old wanted me to post the pic here. She loves everyone's critters and wanted to join in. Someone in another thread reminded me to post it.
Sometimes I think being photogenic keeps them alive a bit longer. 🤪

Reactions: JCHateSteve
@Vol524
Tell us about Bruno.
He is a African Boerboul Mastiff. He turned 1 on Christmas day. He weighs 170 lbs., if I did the math right. He has an appointment with my Vet on Friday just to get checked out and for me to get educated on his breed. I adopted him from a lady that is getting a divorce. She could not keep him and work as much as she does. I was the 5th person to call about him. The other 4 were scared off due to his size and strength. One guy came to look at him. He jumped back in his car and left when she let him out of the house. SMH I mean what the hell do you expect when you are going to look at a Mastiff. If you are scared of big dogs this is not the dog for you. I can't imagine going to look at a breed of dog without doing research first. She did a great job house training him and is his trained on a wireless fence system. I have always wanted a Mastiff and it has never worked out. This one was meant to be. My wife didn't want an inside dog until I could retire and be with him all the time but we went to look at Bruno anyway. As soon as we got to his house and went in, the lady said he is really fond of women, not so much men. I think that was because her soon to be Ex screamed a lot. Anyway, I sat down on the couch and Bruno walks over to me and just looks me in the eyes. I said well you are the most handsome boy I have ever seen. He licked my face and climbed up in my lap. My wife looked at her and said we will take him. lol I am a lucky man. He seems to get along great with other dogs and he loves my wife's cat. The cat has not returned the love at this point. lmao. Let's just say that relationship is a work in progress. I took him to Petsmart this morning to get him some supplies. We were walking down one of the isles and a guy comes in with a boxer. That boxer freaked out. He was trying to run on that tile floor. I told the guy Bruno wouldn't hurt him. He held his dog and I walked Bruno over to him. They are big buddies now. We have a play date on Friday. I do understand the negative first impression due to his size and he does look like he might try and eat you. But, he is the kindest dog I have ever owned and that includes the poodle. His only draw back to this point is he snores like bear and if he wants to sit on you, lay on you, or lean on you there isn't a lot you can do about it. I am working on that and he is better but, still has a ways to go. He doesn't understand he is not a lap dog. Maybe, he is and we need to be patient. But after a few minutes in your lap your legs go to sleep. He should not get much taller but he will fill out to somewhere over 200 lbs. Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• 20210102_170210_1609626551265_001.jpg
    20210102_170210_1609626551265_001.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 16
Houston we have a problem! Seems Bruno's former owner taught him to pick up towels and wash clothes and take them to the laundry room. I left the bathroom door open and got in the shower. When I try to get out of the shower, my towel is gone. Then I noticed the hand towel that lays on the sink is also missing. After I get dressed I walk past the laundry room and there are the towels laying on the floor. They are still folded. As I am heading back to brush my teeth, here comes Bruno carrying my wash cloth. I called the former owner to find out if this is something he does. Seems she couldn't get her two kids to pick up after themselves. She said Bruno is highly intelligent and he learned to pick up towels and clothes and take them to the laundry room. Funny thing is he learned this by watching her picking them up while fussing at her kids. She said she misses that about him because she is back to picking up after her kids. I am not sure if that says a lot about Bruno or a lot about her kids. I think I am going to use Bruno as a teaching tool for my kids. I just have to keep the bathroom door closed until I am finished. I do think I will wait to tell my wife about this skill he has. lol

Houston we have a problem! Seems Bruno's former owner taught him to pick up towels and wash clothes and take them to the laundry room. I left the bathroom door open and got in the shower. When I try to get out of the shower, my towel is gone. Then I noticed the hand towel that lays on the sink is also missing. After I get dressed I walk past the laundry room and there are the towels laying on the floor. They are still folded. As I am heading back to brush my teeth, here comes Bruno carrying my wash cloth. I called the former owner to find out if this is something he does. Seems she couldn't get her two kids to pick up after themselves. She said Bruno is highly intelligent and he learned to pick up towels and clothes and take them to the laundry room. Funny thing is he learned this by watching her picking them up while fussing at her kids. She said she misses that about him because she is back to picking up after her kids. I am not sure if that says a lot about Bruno or a lot about her kids. I think I am going to use Bruno as a teaching tool for my kids. I just have to keep the bathroom door closed until I am finished. I do think I will wait to tell my wife about this skill he has. lol
🧐🤨 Do you think that he could be trained to collect cell phones, hammers, reading glasses, library books, and other random things that get left in odd places?

VN Store

Back